.608 bluetooth problem

Inef

Reaction score
I got the :608 as a push on both my and my finance's d2g's mid day on Wednesday. Phone updated and rebooted upon accepting.

It looks great. Here's what I got...

Green LED: I can't tell if its going off without an actual notification of a real email because I constantly have new work emails, but to the best I can tell, its working fine.

Bluetooth: I have a Mazda (new, 2012 year make) and I had absolutely no problems with connecting to my built in car bluetooth before the update. Now I gotta re-pair everytime just to get it to connect (very frustrating!) Edit: it won't connect at all or even pair sometimes unless I reboot, and even then it's inconsistent... my finance's phone very quickly detects the bluetooth and pairs like a champ :/ grrr...

Contacts: all my birthdays are messed up and have been replaced with numbers that don't mean anything (or are undecipherable)... and I dont see a section to input birthdays for a new contact (?)

I did a quick search but didn't see a thread yet on update issues, anyone else having the same prob?

Droid2Global
Note: sorry, this is a repost because the original post was in a topic about whether or not the update was released. I thought it better to just start a new topic after the fact.

Droid2Global

Last edited:
OP
I

Inef

Reaction score
After several reboots & taking the battery out, it seems to be working ok. I really wanted to avoid hard resetting anything.

Hopefully it keeps working ;P

Droid2Global

OP
I

Inef

Reaction score
Were you coming from FroYo (2.4.330)?

Yeah. Sorry , should have mentioned that. After a couple of days of battling with the bluetooth, I've managed to get it paired and if I leave my bluetooth on then it'll re-connect when I get into my car. The issue seems intermittent. But at least its working.

The birthday issue, on the other hand, im at a loss for. It looks like I had my phone set to save numbers to "phone" in froyo, which gb understands as verizon's backup crap. Even if I set new contacts to "gmail", im not sure how to migrate all my current "phone" contacts to gmail...

Did put launcherpro on my phone though, and it looks AMAZING! Lot !beauty+efficiency.

Droid2Global