.602 update is live

ccsoccer03

Reaction score
I fixed what I did wrong. Leave it be. I went about making a post that sticks out in the wrong way when I didn't know all the facts either. I sincerely apologize.

Last edited:

jeff5347

Reaction score
ok so i have the .596 rooted gb. Just a little confused on the steps need as stated on my droidworld

.602 rooted without SBF'g or wiping!
Thought I'd start a new thread for this so it wouldn't get buried in the official thread. This is the easy way to .602 if you are running rooted .596 stock:

Figured this out. You can SKIP all the sbf'g etc to get to 602.
*be sure that you are on stock .596 rooted
>>>*grab su file from
Superuser (not the binary) and save on your SD card
>>>*make nandroid backup in CWR - reboot
*take the official 602 update and let it install
*once it finishes rebooting and you get the install was ok message pull the
battery out while droidx is still powered on
*put the battery back in and power on
*this will get you to CWR. From there install the su file and reboot.

Good to go! I just did this on my friend's droidx. Voila!! On .602 and .13p radio and ROOTED.

Thanks to bstein612 and teddy1971 for this tip!

This method does not work for everyone. If your droidx has been modded or has experienced file corruption it may not work. It's definitely worth a try before going the sbf to 340 route as many have reported success.

when they say grab the su file not the "binary" do i already have that since i have Superuser or do i need to get a differeent one?

Also says make nandroid back up in CWR. I have the DRoid 2 bootstrapper but not sure if i have the Clock work recovery. Looked in the market but all that comes up is the bootstrapper and rom manager. Is there another?
The 2 parts i added the arrows to is what im confused on how to do it. Also since im .596 rooted and it keeps saying it will update in an hour, if it does try will it brick my phone if it doesnt take or will it just revert back to the .596 rooted?

Did muy own root but was done after that not real seasoned in the dark world

Last edited:

lemodular

Reaction score
You will need the Superuser because you will loose root after update to .602 (this is the method outlined in the link).
You are in clockwork when you reboot with the D2 bootstrap. This is where you will make your backup.

The op in the link allowed the OTA update to happen before proceed. Make sure to follow the directions because if you let it reboot completely after the 602 update, you will loose root.

jeff5347

Reaction score
Ok this is so where im at. DL the cwr aka rom manger. Flashed my clw recovery. Then went to d2 bootstrapper and bootstrapped and then rebooted. I then made my nandroid back up. Oh yea i also save the SU zip to my sdcard. So i got all that then i go to dl the 602 but it gets about 20 seconds in and comes back that it has failed. Now im curious. My droid states it already dl it , it just needs to install. SO does it still need a data connection. Reason i ask i am in a high alt area with bad reception so i dont know if that messed it up. Also now i cant even get a 3g signal of any sort weak or strong. Could that have screwed up my 3g. No wirelesss conn here.

jeff5347

Reaction score
So im home from work and i can get a good wireless signal. im attemting the update now. Wondering if will take as you guys state it has to be a stock .596 root. Im stock, no different rom or anything the only things i have done is download go laucher and with super manager i deleted the bloatware like amazon, blockbuster and such. Will that prevent a update?

Update.. so i downloaded the update. GO to install and it shuts off like normal and goes to install but within 5 seconds it stops and reboots failing the update. What is stopping it and what do i need to do to make it go thru?
I have the TBH 2 part .596 root. Deodexed or odexed im not sure. Would that or could that be the problem? Fix for it?

Last edited:

jeff5347

Reaction score
ok so i have tried 3 times with the same result fail

I know it needs to be a stock rom which i have but i dont know if any of the apps woudl do it.
Here is a rundown of the apps that might fail the install..at least thats my thinking..
adfree, adw.launcher, battery cal., dolphin browser, fancy widgets, golauncher, green power free, hackers keyboard, history eraser, launcher switcher, pandora, power amp, sd speed increase, super manager, superuser, task manager, tit. backup, z4root.

Im at a loss. I havent delved into the internals of the droid so im clueless