$600 phone droid bionc cant manage 3- way calling or merge 2 calls together?

missoctober64

Reaction score
I dont understand why my droid bionic cant merge 2 calls together and why I cant manage a 3 way call. I have to hang up on both people. Does anyone else have a problem with this?? I had the samsung galaxy s 4g phone with tmobile before i got verizon 2 days ago and i could merge calls together and manage my 3 way calls. I just dont seem to know why they dont have the technology to do this for bionic??????? or am i doing somthing wrong?

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Well, according to Calling Features: 3-Way Calling

How to Use It

1. While on the first call, dial the 10-digit number of the second person.
  2. Press SEND; the first person is automatically put on hold while the call is made.
  3. When the 2nd person answers, press SEND to create a conference call.
  4. If the second person does not answer, press the SEND key twice to end the connection and go back to the first person.
  5. To end both conversations completely, press the END key.
Important Note: If you are traveling and the instructions don't work, or if you are in OH, MI, MN, SD or Southern IL, you will need to press SEND before dialing the number of the second person.

And according to page 14 of the Bionic Manual:

Conference calls

To start a conference call, call the first number. After the
call connects, touch Add call. Dial the next number, or
select it from contacts or favorites. When the next
number answers, touch Merge.

Last edited:
OP
missoctober64

missoctober64

Reaction score
Hey I got the 3 way calling down im talking about if im on the phone with someone and someone calls "call waiting" i cant add the 2 calls together..... i have to tell the someone to hang up and i cal them back on a 3 way......

OP
missoctober64

missoctober64

Reaction score
or if im on 3 way calling i only could hang up on the last person that I called.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional info. Then looking at https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/602944/

Can I turn a call waiting call into a 3-Way call?
No, but you do have the option to speak to the second caller by pressing SEND. To return to the first call, press SEND again. To switch between the two calls, press SEND.

How do you release one call and continue with the other?
To disconnect one or both parties, ask them to hang up.

The problem is due to the limitations of CMDA, unfortunately.

Last edited:
OP
missoctober64

missoctober64

Reaction score
@aaf709 Thanks for the help I think this might be a problem with me the. My husband is on the road "Drives Trucks" and i need to be able to merge call waiting calls alot if brokers call and need to talk to him if im already on the phone its easy to just merge call instead of hang up and call back...... guess i will look into some other companies I guess i should have thought about that before i signed up. thanks for the help!

Last edited:

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
@aaf709 The Bionic doesn't have a SEND key, so those directions mostly don't work.

@713king That is sort of a trollish response on the Bionic forum. It is also not an appropriate fix for all; prsonally, I'd much rather have my Bionic than either of those.

Sent from my K1 using Tapatalk

OP
missoctober64

missoctober64

Reaction score
I mos def like the droid better then the other 2 but I guess if the other 2 are able to make a conference call then maybe?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
@aaf709 The Bionic doesn't have a SEND key, so those directions mostly don't work.

Sent from my K1 using Tapatalk

True; I just grabbed Verizon's generic comment, but you notice I included the instructions from the Bionic manual as well.

I mos def like the droid better then the other 2 but I guess if the other 2 are able to make a conference call then maybe?

It's more of a Verizon thing, so if a phone uses CMDA technology it can't be done. T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM.

Last edited:
OP
missoctober64

missoctober64

Reaction score
@f2004w I was talking retail I got a great deal on the phone for 149 with new contract ive only been with Verizon 3 days...

OP
missoctober64

missoctober64

Reaction score
@aaf709 Yeah I read the same thing. Send buton would be the green phone button i take it.?....

f2004w

Reaction score
Don't we use skype audio mic and act like a phone plus you don't have to limit only 2 people in it. On top all of that, you don't use your minutes for that.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
@aaf709 Yeah I read the same thing. Send buton would be the green phone button i take it.?....

Yeah, I just grabbed Verizon's generic comment for those instructions without looking at my phone. My bad.

Look at what I posted from the Bionic Manual for the actual instructions.