6.7.2233 Leak (My Expiriences)

tlarseth

Reaction score
Well I took the plunge to the 2233 ICS Leak, and have already noticed some major differences in the phone.

1. Battery Life is a bit worse than the 905 OTA. When I check battery usage, the Android OS now pulls a higher percent than the screen does.
2. No more Airplane Widget, it is now under your system settings, which can now easily be retrieved by pulling your notification bar down and hitting the setting gear, airplane mode is the top thing there.
3. Colors look a lot more vibrant
4. The phone is overall a lot, and I do mean a lot faster and more responsive.
5. The phone still have the if plugged in, sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive to touch, unless you unplug it (I have tried and verified this with both the Motorola Charger, and the Verizon Charger I have)
6. I have yet to have a signal drop, even when I am in an area with no 4G, and hardly any 3G available.
7. I like how there is a widget section under your application menu.
8. Google Chrome Beta (Need I say more? They just need to add flash support so I don't feel like I am using an iPhone)
9. Drivers on phone are way better than on GB. I play NFS:Hot Pursuit, and the car's litterally sounded like their engine is about to die, now the sound runs smooth.

Here are some fixes I have found through personal expiriences with this leaked update.

If you find after everything is done and you have no data, turn on wifi>connect to a wifi if available>wait about 30 minutes>reboot phone. Once it is done rebooting, I have found that it may take up to 5 minutes to find your signal, but it will. This has been tested on 3G and 4G LTE area's.

If you do a speedtest and it shows you always below 7MBps, just reboot your phone wait 5 minutes and reboot again. I had to reboot mine twice for this to work, but afterwards I am averaging 20-25MBps now.

during install you sometimes get an error that a process failed to run or the such, just ignore those, they won't matter at all once the system is updated to ICS, as they for some odd reason don't run right on first boot, but are fixed with the next reboot.

If you go into Stock Recovery, and you see the update file, but it won't let you run it, when you press power to select it and it takes you back a screen, reboot your phone into normal boot, and rename the file to not have any symbols at the beginning or end of it, mine put an apostrophe in front of and after the file name, I had to remove them. I downloaded this using Opera Mobile Browser, not the Opera Mini...The stock browser kept failing to download the file.

This is just from my expirience, there maybe different ways to fix these, but these are the steps I used on my Bionic, and they worked for me, thought I would pass them along.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I haven't had any of the problems you discussed, but I have noticed a few of my own.
A TiBu restore bricked my bionic the first time I ran it. I fxz'd to 902 as a fix and got it back to 2233, ran the restore again with less data selected to restore, and it worked fine.

System UI crash loop when using stock launcher in lap dock. Using go launcher EX fixes it.

I guess that's all I've noticed so far... I haven't really had a chance to put it through it's paces yet though, cause I'm almost out of data and have no inexpensive way to check data reliability till I get more next month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Reaction score
I haven't had any of the problems you discussed, but I have noticed a few of my own.
A TiBu restore bricked my bionic the first time I ran it. I fxz'd to 902 as a fix and got it back to 2233, ran the restore again with less data selected to restore, and it worked fine.

System UI crash loop when using stock launcher in lap dock. Using go launcher EX fixes it.

I guess that's all I've noticed so far... I haven't really had a chance to put it through it's paces yet though, cause I'm almost out of data and have no inexpensive way to check data reliability till I get more next month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Any chance you could post screenies in the lapdock? Only reason I am considering jumping from Eclipse 3.0 to ICS is to get some actual use out of my lapdock.

Stingray71

Reaction score
Battery life seems about the same for me. I like that you can now disable bloatware. Also, one no longer needs an adapter to get into webtop! Still wish we had Linux as an alternative though to webtop.

My main issue, my hdmi port is finicky. If I don't have the cable in there just right, I lose connection to my TV. Not an ICS issue though. Hardly use HDMI or Webtop so not a major issue. If I wasn't using BT keyboard/mouse in webtop, it would be really annoying.

posd

Reaction score
How do u disable bloatware? Or access webtop?

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
How do you get to advanced recovery?
Advanced recovery? That is news to me. You can get into normal recovery by turning off the phone, then holding the volume up and down buttons and then hitting the power button. Go to the "Recovery" option and hit the volume up key to select it.

Titanium Backup is a good way to freeze/uninstall it, but I'd be really careful about doing that right now since we don't know what all is connected to what. If I were me (and I am), I'd just get an app drawer replacement (most 3rd party launchers have them) and just hide the icons for your NFL and Let's Golf type bloatware.

And to access Webtop you need a device capable utilizing it. I'm sure once Eclipse gets upgraded to ICS, you can access it via any HDMI connection though.

Stingray71

Reaction score

Settings, Manage Apps, Click on all Apps Tab. I've disable VZ Navigator, Mobile NFL, Slingbox video, VZ Video, just to name a few.

As for webtop, you need to hook up your bionic to a tv/monitor via hdmi cable, you will then get an option to go into webtop mode. You can also use BT mouse/keyboard to navigate around. If not your bionic turns into mouse pad so you can navigate on the screen. You need an adapter/dock to this before or a hack.

Monoprice.com is good place to get said cable, you'll need micro hdmi plug to work with your bionic.

posd

Reaction score
Cool...thanks. ICS so far is more solid then GB. 905 was. When a newer leaked version comes out, what are will the install path be?

grgguy

Reaction score
i just noticed that when in wifi mode it disconnects the the telephone/ via the elixor2 app?

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My only issue so far is that Droid Forums and my other apps that default to internal SD card install now show up as Not Installed, just like in the old days on .886. I moved them to Phone and now all is good. Weird that this issue would return...

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
Go Launcher EX did not solve my system UI issues when connected to the lapdock. It only made it worse. Apex however solved the issue. Battery life is way better than on 905. Waaaaayyyyyy better. All of my apps work from the media area. Only a few apps stopped working, but they were on the phone and uninstalling and reinstalling them worked fine.

kylo77

Reaction score
My Bionic has been running solid on the latest leak. I have noticed that my voicemail notification is not working. Anyone else see that? Also, before it started ringing but when I went to answer it...there was no call. Had to reboot it for the ringing to stop.