[ROM] [6/6/2012] CM7 for the Droid Pro based on GB

pcpilot309

Reaction score
U need to install bootstrap 2 first since U are GB. Then boot into bootstrap recovery. See instructions on page 1

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

yuvcram

Reaction score
U need to install bootstrap 2 first since U are GB. Then boot into bootstrap recovery. See instructions on page 1

I did install bootstrap 2 (and was rooted) so when I clicked on Bootstrap recovery, it said success. Then I clicked Reboot Recovery, and was brought to the ClockworkMod Recovery, I went to mounts and storage, and selected format system, format data, and format cache.

But when I went back and clicked on "install zip from sdcard", and select yes, it unpacks it a little bit, and then has the following error message:

--Installing: SDCARD.update.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: run_program("/tmp/check_kernal") == 0
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What did I do wrong??

clueless77

Reaction score
I suggest doing SBF again take all updates, root, get to clockwork mod recovery, but this time only select wipe data, wipe cache, then in advanced select wipe dalvik, then install zip from SD

But make a back up first also done in clockwork

BAD ASS X

yuvcram

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that and get back to you all.

Does the CM7 file (1125.zip from the first page) need to be renamed as update.zip, or was that referencing only to the GB or Froyo update?

yuvcram

Reaction score
Does it matter whether I flash to SBF 2.26.20 or 3.8.7? Or do I flash two 2.26.20 and then 3.8.7 (or would that be redundant and extra?)

And for the CM7 to be flashed on a clean GB 4.6.8 (as per the first post on the first page), is there a download for the GB 4.6.8 update.zip file where you don't need to rename the file (I have it for 4.6.4, where in the zip archive you can copy and paste it to the SD card, so the name authentications match). Is that not the case for the official 4.6.8 (that is, I can just rename the file to update.zip and then transfer it to my SD card)?

Many thanks for your helps guys.

clueless77

Reaction score
Just do 3.8.7 SBF and take the update, the 4.6.4 GB was a leak for GB hence the update.zip, the 4.6.8 was official release therefore no update.zip just an OTA update, take the OTA after the SBF then root and go from there

BAD ASS X

yuvcram

Reaction score
It worked! I think what was my issue was trying to install CM7 when I didn't have GB 4.6.8, and had 4.6.4, or it could of been something else. But thanks for all your help!

Now I have another side question: what's the best way to backup CM7? Nandroid didn't support the Droid Pro, so I couldn't save an image file from it (so I actually didn't back up my original Froyo settings.

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Just go into Recovery, then backup using the option under backup and restore.

pcpilot309

Reaction score
CW mod recovery. I have backed up copies of stock, cm7, and apeX which I restore with no issues.

bms259

Reaction score
Update

I finally updated to the 1125 build. At first, I still have some issues with setting selections not sticking. I had to constantly fix permissions. My keyboard backlight wasn't working, nor was automatic brightness. So I followed the advice posted earlier about wiping data and then updating from there. I used titanium to restore some of my apps, but not settings. I forgot to backup my launcher settings, so I had to do that manually. But everything is running smoothly. My keyboard back light is working, settings are sticking too. The automatic brightness isn't perfect, but I downloaded an app called Screen Filter that will dim the screen as much as I want, and that keeps it at a decent level without killing my battery. I'm also getting better battery life than I was too. I've gotten a few more force closes than I was used to, but everything seems to be working well.

bms259

Reaction score
I think I have a more simple fix for the keyboard backlight issue than completely reflashing the ROM.

I too was having the keyboard backlight issue after installing the 1125G ROM from stock Gingerbread... but by the time I noticed, I had pretty much gotten my phone to where I wanted it. Total bummer. I tried the app that forces the keyboard on always, no dice... I tried the toggle with auto-backlight trick in the settings, it would bring the keyboard on, but not automatically. All I could do was trigger it for that instance. The second I turned my screen off and back on again, no keyboard backlight. I also noticed that auto-brightness was both not impacting the actual brightness, it would stay at whatever the last manual setting was, and that the keyboard was also being controlled by the same backlight setting. So for a while, it was triggering but was at such a dim level on the backlight, it did not even appear as if the keyboard was illuminated.

I didn't want to reflash... what if I bricked it again and had to cycle through all the previous stock .sbfs? So much time, so much hassle... So after exhausting all the settings on that install, I decided I was determined to get the keyboard backlight working even if it meant .sbfing the whole gambit, but wanted to experiment before I claimed defeat and reflashed 1125G. So I rebooted into recovery and did wipe data/factory reset as well as wipe cache partition... rebooted the phone and it worked!

So, I still have to reinstall everything, but Titanium will make that easy. Needless to say, one less step to fix the keyboard issue. Not entirely sure what did it, but I'd maybe suggest as a best practice for first time installs to 1125G that after the initial flash is successful, reboot into recovery and do one more wipe before setting up the phone.

Anyway Calvin, been enjoying your ROM for a while and still do. It's small but happy I was able to contribute a lil bit. If anyone else tries this and it works, please say so in order for others to enjoy. And thank you to the community of dedicated Droid Pro users, you guys rock.

:)

This is what I did, and it's been working well for a few days.

UWSkier

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues dialing numbers that start with +1? I do a lot of calls with international folks where our invites include a + before them. Dialer never works with those numbers for me.

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
I keep getting this issue where my 3G works fine, but when I turn on my WiFi at home, it says there is no connection. I turn WiFi off, and 3G goes back on and it works fine. I've restarted and fixed permissions but that hasn't helped. Any advice? :frown:

UWSkier

Reaction score
Did you try fixdataswitch? Also, when you rebooted, did you have wifi turned off?