[6/29/2012] NEW Bionic ICS Leak 6.7.229

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
I thought I'd try out this ICS leak...and I gotta say I have seen some crappy steps backwards imho!... what's with the sh%tty-a$$ menus !?? All the settings are now scrambled, and I haven't really seen any performance enhancements to speak of... I know it's still early for me and I need to give it a bit more time, but wtf is supposed to be so great about ICS UI ??
At least you can go back to gingerbread if ICS is not to your liking. Other devices haven't been that lucky.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I only test drove this ICS leak because we can FXZ back..... I can live with most other things but those ugly menus is several steps backwards as far as OS advances go...
As for the settings menu reorg, useless really since it did nothing to streamline it or make it more efficient. just changing the way it looks is not in any way some sort of advancement

welsalex

Reaction score
Mbk said:
Yeah I only test drove this ICS leak because we can FXZ back..... I can live with most other things but those ugly menus is several steps backwards as far as OS advances go...
As for the settings menu reorg, useless really since it did nothing to streamline it or make it more efficient. just changing the way it looks is not in any way some sort of advancement

Ill say back in the day i hated the interface changes from windows 98 to windows xp. And that I hated the interface changes from windows xp to windows 7. However in each case I learned to eventually love the changes and find them to be acceptable easy and understandable. It is that mentality of I want the old school yet the new school is actually not bad....

ofiba

Reaction score
I am thinking about going from .223 to this new leak but am worried about having to re-set everything up. If i backup all app data with titanium backup and then restore after flashing .229, will everything be completely intact or will there be some things lost in the transition?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I felt the same way when i used ICS roms the first time
But it grew on me.

Ill say back in the day i hated the interface changes from windows 98 to windows xp. And that I hated the interface changes from windows xp to windows 7. However in each case I learned to eventually love the changes and find them to be acceptable easy and understandable. It is that mentality of I want the old school yet the new school is actually not bad....

Yeah it is starting to grow on me.... overall does have better performance...but I still ate the menu look and still struggling with a couple other things that hasn't grown on me yet...:blink:

92ehatch

Reaction score
Hah i still have win xp for that reason. DX 11 is tempting me tho

haupman

Reaction score
The Webtop stock launcher works perfectly for me with this latest update.

sparky210

Reaction score
i have ics 6.7.2233 ,then i tried to install 6.7.229 but it aborted
can someone help i am not rooted

koftheworld

Reaction score
i have ics 6.7.2233 ,then i tried to install 6.7.229 but it aborted
can someone help i am not rooted

You can't update to the new leak.you have to go back to 902, then update to 905, followed by the update to 229.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

haupman

Reaction score
You're not using lapdock are you?

For some reason I thought it worked on the LapDock but then I tried it again this morning and it didn't work. It seems the resolution of the Lapdock (1366 x 768) isn't supported by Webtop. But it does work when connected to my 1080p monitor, although in just 720p.

I had to switch to the APEX launcher to use this on the LapDock. I wonder what experience the RAZR/RAZR MAXX folks are seeing.

BlackWS6LS1

Reaction score
I am thinking about going from .223 to this new leak but am worried about having to re-set everything up. If i backup all app data with titanium backup and then restore after flashing .229, will everything be completely intact or will there be some things lost in the transition?
I'd love to know this as well. I love .2233 however the battery is horrible. Thats the only reason I'd go to .229 to see if battery life is better. If TIBU doesn't restore everything I might just stay.

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
Haupman, my lapdock did work with the stock launcher for the first day, and worked well, but the second day I got the UI error. Tried Go Launcher EX and could not get it to work at all. I am now using Apex launcher via smart Actions and it works great. Has this leak been completely trouble free, no. But it is leaps and bounds better than GB and much more stable.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
I haven't had a significant data loss issue with either leak but All my contacts, emails and calendar are hosted on google, my tunes are in the play music cloud (yes, even rips), my pics are hosted on my google drive, and all my updates, FXZs, etc are resident on my PC. I did have to do 2 factory resets with 229 to get all my apps to dl from market, but I think that's only because I forgot to wipe cache the first time.