[6/27/11] - SSX 2.0 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.4

clouse2013

Reaction score
I'm loving this ROM so far there are just 3 things I'm having issues with

1. The camera button doesn't work... It works to open the camera. Once the camera app is open it does nothing and I have to use the scenes button

2. Some of the themes don't change change all like the menu color stays the blue that te ROM came with. Is there any why to change those colors?

3. There are crazy ringtones for sms and I can't change it. I've changed all the default sounds and it still doesn't change.

If anyone can help with any of these issues id be super gteatful

Sent from my DX running SSX on DroidForums

Camera button doesn't work on any CM7 based ROMs. I am not sure of a workaround.

Some themes don't work. Cyanbread semi works, Honeybread and Greybread do.

I have manually added ringtones to the system/media/ folders for ringtones and notifications. Make sure you convert them to an .ogg file with a PC.

SSX v2.0

My camera button works just fine and I'm on the newest CM nightly. Maybe its just the version of CM SS is built on. Irk I the fix was included later.

The themes only partially work because with the theme Chooser, only Pngs are changed. The colors for the menu texts you guys are referring to are controlled by xmls, therefore, the theme Chooser does not change those. You must flash a theme for to change those.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm loving this ROM so far there are just 3 things I'm having issues with

1. The camera button doesn't work... It works to open the camera. Once the camera app is open it does nothing and I have to use the scenes button

2. Some of the themes don't change change all like the menu color stays the blue that te ROM came with. Is there any why to change those colors?

3. There are crazy ringtones for sms and I can't change it. I've changed all the default sounds and it still doesn't change.

If anyone can help with any of these issues id be super gteatful

Sent from my DX running SSX on DroidForums

Camera button doesn't work on any CM7 based ROMs. I am not sure of a workaround.

I have manually added ringtones to the system/media/ folders for ringtones and notifications. Make sure you convert them to an .ogg file with a PC.

SSX v2.0

My camera button works just fine and I'm on the newest CM nightly. Maybe its just the version of CM SS is built on. Irk I the fix was included later.

The themes only partially work because with the theme Chooser, only Pngs are changed. The colors for the menu texts you guys are referring to are controlled by xmls, therefore, the theme Chooser does not change those. You must flash a theme for to change those.

I went up to nightly 36 or 37. The only thing the camera button did was open the camera app. Maybe they fixed that.

What he means on the themes is, on SS, some themes don't change the status bar or don't completely work right.

I will probably go back to CM7 for the next nightly, since its 2.3.5. Then, when Chevy puts out his next version, I'll be back.

SSX v2.0

clouse2013

Reaction score

SSX v2.0

I went up to nightly 36 or 37. The only thing the camera button did was open the camera app. Maybe they fixed that.

What he means on the themes is, on SS, some themes don't change the status bar or don't completely work right.

I will probably go back to CM7 for the next nightly, since its 2.3.5. Then, when Chevy puts out his next version, I'll be back.

SSX v2.0

Oh I see. The camera button opens the app for me. What else is it supposed to do? And I've found that the theme Chooser themes don't work completely without a reboot. I know for app drawer icons and such, a reboot fixes it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

SSX v2.0

Oh I see. The camera button opens the app for me. What else is it supposed to do? And I've found that the theme Chooser themes don't work completely without a reboot. I know for app drawer icons and such, a reboot fixes it.

On the GB based ROMs, the camera button would also take pictures, instead of having to use the on screen button.

Also, some themes don't work with the status bar. Even after a reboot. It takes awhile for the status bar to change to the theme after boot, and if you make a call it reverts back to the stock Chevy theme for awhile after the call is over. Also noticed when you put it in airplane mode or don't have a cell signal, the data icon stays up in the notification bar. Its nothing big.

SSX v2.0

ghostwiththemost

Reaction score
Has SSX been a little laggy with anyone lately? Mine was freezing up, and I got tired of it. SBF'd back to stock. BIG mistake. Got it working for now, but I called Verizon, told them it was a manufacturer's issue, and they're sending me another one tomorrow. Lol. See ya tomorrow z4root and SSX!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has SSX been a little laggy with anyone lately? Mine was freezing up, and I got tired of it. SBF'd back to stock. BIG mistake. Got it working for now, but I called Verizon, told them it was a manufacturer's issue, and they're sending me another one tomorrow. Lol. See ya tomorrow z4root and SSX!

Its been great for me. I just flashed back over to CM7 since its 2.3.5 now.

CM74DX

bmali22

Reaction score
I'm confused on installing this, is this for gingerbread or to I have to sbf back to froyo?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm confused on installing this, is this for gingerbread or to I have to sbf back to froyo?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

You would need to be back on froyo to flash this. Sorry if its too late. I realize you posted this last night.

EDIT: I lied. I just went to his site because I remember reading something about a prep zip he made for his ROM. If you are on froyo you can flash the ROM regularly. If you are on GB he made a zip file you can flash based on the TBH app so you dont need to SBF. Just follow the link in the OP.

Last edited:

AjRod.

Reaction score
Great Rom smooth and snappy. No force closes and free memory is great! Love the 1% battery increments.
Great battery life in combo with Juice Defender Ultimate and low cpu speeds. So far so good.
Good work Chevy!!! Thanks