[6/27/11] - SSX 2.0 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.4

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Liberty is not built from source is it? I know CVPCS has commented about battery life on the CM builds and is looking into it ...

Hey chevy iv been running ssx for a couple days now, Its awesome being able to customize like this.

Also could we make a thread on droidforums for known bugs, and for any bugs we find/ support we need. The site you posted it on doesn't really like my phone. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Glad you like it!

Yes, that is fine - as long as everyone realizes that whatever the primary is (for that release) is the one that will get the most attention ...

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Love the rom its fast and smooth and alot better battery than CM7.. thanks for the DX love chevy

Tidefan22 Rocking some Cm7

You're welcome, glad you are trying it out!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
thanks chevy been really waiting for this since i had my droid one and just got the x a week ago could not find a rom to match up to any of urs till this one just cant wait for someone to make some themes for it hopefully bboy jumps into it really like his themes

Yea, I'm sure more themes will come out in time!

craig7220

Reaction score
thanks chevy been really waiting for this since i had my droid one and just got the x a week ago could not find a rom to match up to any of urs till this one just cant wait for someone to make some themes for it hopefully bboy jumps into it really like his themes

Yea, I'm sure more themes will come out in time!

So far I have used 6 themes for CM7 and they all worked great.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
any idea why your roms dont show up in rom manager anymore

The only ROM I've had in RM is for the OG Droid - I need to contact Koush to get the DX/TB/D2 added ... that will come!

ABQNM

Reaction score
Background: I just got an FRU replacement from VZW, so I decided to try SSX 2.0 instead of ApeX 2.0.0 this time since I had to SBF anyway to get root.

Impressions so far:

WOW! I thought ApeX was fast, but this SCREAMS. No lag anywhere. Don't use camcorder that much, so no huge deal here right now. No reboots. Themes take a few reboots to stick, but they do eventually.

One issue I am having is almost all changes in the settings menu require at least a hot boot to take. Even something as simple as enabling a password lock requires a reboot, where stock or ApeX or even CM7 on my OG Droid doesn't do that.

I flashed the patches from the first post. This entire install was done from a fresh SBF of 2.3.340. I did not restore anything from TiBu or install any apps and it was doing this from the beginning. I tried formatting cache and dalvik again but that did not seem to help. Once I have everything set, it is not a big deal, but trying to change all your settings and having to reboot to see them take effect is a little tedious.

Since the problem was not apps related, I restored my apps through TiBu. One thing I noticed about 250 times is the need to approve the permissions on every installed app with TiBu. Never used to do this. Is this maybe a 2.3.4 security "feature"?

So far, none of these bugs or issues will prevent me from staying with this ROM. Great job as usual, Chevy!!

TeeX

Reaction score
WOW!

Chevy, I gotta say this is hands-down, THE.BEST.ROM. I have ever used! The amount of customization just blows my mind! It's super fast, slick and smooth! Even in beta status, it blows away everything else. Congrats, and a HUGE thank you! I'll be buying you a couple beers when I get money transferred into my paypal :)

I know it's beta and there are issues, but I have one problem that I've not read about yet: My phone won't stay off. When I turn my phone off it's fine, but if I try and charge it - either by plugging it into the charger or putting it on the multi-media dock, the phone boots up and turns on.

Usually when I put the phone in the dock, the M logo hits, then the battery charger status (green battery) is on while it's charging, but with this ROM, when I put it in the dock or plug it in, the M logo turns on and then it continues into booting up. I really like having my phone off during the night for a few reasons, and this is aberrant behavior I"ve not seen before.

Any help???

Last edited:

ABQNM

Reaction score
WOW!

Chevy, I gotta say this is hands-down, THE.BEST.ROM. I have ever used! The amount of customization just blows my mind! It's super fast, slick and smooth! Even in beta status, it blows away everything else. Congrats, and a HUGE thank you! I'll be buying you a couple beers when I get money transferred into my paypal :)

I know it's beta and there are issues, but I have one problem that I've not read about yet: My phone won't stay off. When I turn my phone off it's fine, but if I try and charge it - either by plugging it into the charger or putting it on the multi-media dock, the phone boots up and turns on.

Usually when I put the phone in the dock, the M logo hits, then the battery charger status (green battery) is on while it's charging, but with this ROM the M logo turns on and then it continues into booting up. I really like having my phone off during the night for a few reasons, and this is aberrant behavior I"ve not seen before.

Any help???

I noticed this too, but I don't usually ever shut my phone off, so I didn't even think of it. One thing I noticed is that if you pull the battery and plug the phone into the charger it will actually boot up and operate without the battery installed at all!

ABQNM

Reaction score
Background: I just got an FRU replacement from VZW, so I decided to try SSX 2.0 instead of ApeX 2.0.0 this time since I had to SBF anyway to get root.

Impressions so far:

WOW! I thought ApeX was fast, but this SCREAMS. No lag anywhere. Don't use camcorder that much, so no huge deal here right now. No reboots. Themes take a few reboots to stick, but they do eventually.

One issue I am having is almost all changes in the settings menu require at least a hot boot to take. Even something as simple as enabling a password lock requires a reboot, where stock or ApeX or even CM7 on my OG Droid doesn't do that.

I flashed the patches from the first post. This entire install was done from a fresh SBF of 2.3.340. I did not restore anything from TiBu or install any apps and it was doing this from the beginning. I tried formatting cache and dalvik again but that did not seem to help. Once I have everything set, it is not a big deal, but trying to change all your settings and having to reboot to see them take effect is a little tedious.

Since the problem was not apps related, I restored my apps through TiBu. One thing I noticed about 250 times is the need to approve the permissions on every installed app with TiBu. Never used to do this. Is this maybe a 2.3.4 security "feature"?

So far, none of these bugs or issues will prevent me from staying with this ROM. Great job as usual, Chevy!!

So... I have discovered my problem. It turns out to be related to the LCD density in the build.prop. I reinstalled from scratch and re-loaded data from nandroid and no issues. As soon as I modified the build.prop the issues returned. With the size of the screen on the X, I prefer to have the LCD density set to 200. With this ROM, when I set it to anything other than 240, I experience the problems with the settings not saving. Turns out this is a bigger issue than I first realized, as I am unable to change keyboards at all with the the modified LCD density.

So... Chevy, if you happen to read this, I hope this is something you may be able to correct. This may be a deal breaker as I really dislike the stock density of 240, but I need to have the settings menu functional and be able to change keyboards.

Thanks again Chevy!

Ghost327

Reaction score
I've read that AOSP won't charge while the device is turned off, it will apparently always boot up if you plug in while powered down

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Apex rom'd X charges while its turned off. Apex is AOSP. Must be a 2.3.4 AOSP issue?

sent from my ApeX

Last edited:

Ghost327

Reaction score
Is apex based on pure source or does it use some motor files? I don't know much about it as its one of the few I haven't tried. I'm looking for where I read that before.....it think it was on the cm site forums.....I'll post a link to it if I remember where it was, the post had a bit more detail than I can recall before coffee lol

sent from somewhere deep in the northwoods

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am almost certain its pure source

sent from my ApeX

Ghost327

Reaction score
I found the post on cm boards...I was wrong about it having more info. It seems that blur is what enabled charging while powered down and even tablets that are 100% AOSP wont charge while off....I'll see if I can find a more definite post somewhere but I'm not having any luck yet

sent from somewhere deep in the northwoods