[ROM] [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
I'm a GSM user, and I've been using this as a daily since pretty much the first build that Jackpot released. The latest build seems to have made the signal bar display only 2 bars at all times, rather than 4 bars at all times, but the signal itself seems to still be stable.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I'm talking about the keyboard backlight. I turned it on (and even rebooted) and still no luck.

Another bug that I found (unless there is a specific setting) is that there is no LED while charging, yet to verify if there is light when there is notification

Yea, I knew you were, but that's what makes it work.

Mine shows a LED while charging, also.

TooUglyForU

Reaction score
Alright. Turns out that my LED wasn't on because the phone was charged.

However my keyboard backlight and the Settings, Home, Back, Search key aren't turned on at all...

I have done wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe davlik cache, reset permissions. Still no lights.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
TooUglyForU said:
Alright. Turns out that my LED wasn't on because the phone was charged.

However my keyboard backlight and the Settings, Home, Back, Search key aren't turned on at all...

I have done wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe davlik cache, reset permissions. Still no lights.

Did you turn on auto backlight?

TooUglyForU

Reaction score
Did you turn on auto backlight?

Yes it is turned on.
I even tried turn it off, reboot, turn it on, reboot.

I just noticed the backlight is not on even in recovery mode..... I'm starting to think whether I need to sbf the phone again..... :blink:
BTW, The phone's backlight was fine while in stock or CM7. So I don't think it's hardware related...

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
TooUglyForU said:
Yes it is turned on.
I even tried turn it off, reboot, turn it on, reboot.

I just noticed the backlight is not on even in recovery mode..... I'm starting to think whether I need to sbf the phone again..... :blink:
BTW, The phone's backlight was fine while in stock or CM7. So I don't think it's hardware related...

Weird. It was working for me when I was on CM9 after I turned on auto backlight. Only other thing I can suggest is making a CWM backup of your current setup, then try to wipe data and do a fresh install. If it works then, do advanced restore, restore data.

Let me know how that goes.

aiamuzz

Reaction score
I'm a GSM user, and I've been using this as a daily since pretty much the first build that Jackpot released. The latest build seems to have made the signal bar display only 2 bars at all times, rather than 4 bars at all times, but the signal itself seems to still be stable.

How did you get past the network selection for UMTS/GSM ... can you please describe the exact steps ... i followed JC's OP procedure but it did not work for me ... Are you on the Latest build (which includes the MAC-ADDRSS-FIX) ? cos that is the one i tried and failed ...

Is GSM Data (2G & 3G) working on your flash without any issues ?

Can you please list any specific known issues for GSM only ?

thnx.

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Tried Gummy, Tried CM7 ... time to try CM9(1 unsuccessful attempt so far) ...
awaiting freak4dell's instructions ... on network selection for GSM ...

Egon

Reaction score
it work great for me for gsm...

i opened the telephone dialler... and dial *#*#4646#*#*

now is GSM, reboot the phone...

for network fix... enable the WiFi, enter in terminal emulator and type su
mac-address-fix.sh <<enter>>
allow the terminal of permition "su"
and again type mac-address-fix.sh <<enter>>

now the MAC is correct.

aiamuzz

Reaction score
it work great for me for gsm...

i opened the telephone dialler... and dial *#*#4646#*#*

now is GSM, reboot the phone...

for network fix... enable the WiFi, enter in terminal emulator and type su
mac-address-fix.sh <<enter>>
allow the terminal of permition "su"
and again type mac-address-fix.sh <<enter>>

now the MAC is correct.

I thought it was *#*#4636#*#* or Has it changed to *#*#4646#*#* for CM9 ???

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

Egon

Reaction score
I dont know... but if u check the first page.. it show the code i tell for u

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Eureka !!!
I must say that this has been one seamless, painless, zero effort in setting up my 100+ apps and all other initial account setup(contacts, sms restore, etc ... and with out any need to select even the network) ... transition EVER !!!

Whoooooooooooooa !!!

This is what happened ...
I came from CM7 ... which was setup to the most current state ... with everything updated and working ...
then
booted to recovery ...
then
a nandroid backup ...
then
formatted system (WITH NO DATA/CACHE WIPE)...
then
flashed CM9 zip file ...
then
flashed gapps ...
then
reboot ...

eureka !!! ... device booted ... took a little while to automatically rerun about 127 apps ... and ... Wallah !!!

My contacts, sms, all apps, network to gsm, apn's intact and connected to data ... and I am currently writing from the same connected session !!!

And CM9 ... creeeeeamy response at scrolling on it ... WOW !!!

My day is made !!!

:)

Last edited:

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Well I forgot to ask ...
I flashed the following ...
6-18-CM9-WITH-MAC-ADDRESS.zip

Do I still have to run mac address fix commands in the terminal ?

Or its all set up automatically fixed ?

darktheme

Reaction score
a small problem...

Hi,

I tried flashing this ROM on my droid pro, and, well, there was a small hiccup.

I forgot to wipe the system values and cache and such. Anyway, now the phone gets stuck on the boot logo, and when I access the boot menu and try to go to CWM it says 'Error in E:/system/bootmenu/script/recovery.sh (No such file or directory is found)'.

I hate to be one of those members who only post when they need help but it's the only option left as going back to Motorola for servicing is kind of out of the question, due the fact that I live in Asia while the phone came from the US.

Anyway, I have tried everything googling the problem suggested - since the phone is stuck in the bootmenu I can't sbf the phone, and I can't access CWM so reflashing is impossible. Using adb does not seem to be possible either, since my computer does not seem to be able to detect the phone. Stock recovery does not work, either, it hangs at the logo of the android and the '!' symbol.

Bit of a pickle, no? Any suggestions?

Thanks.