[ROM] [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
So, not to beat a dead horse, but in terms of the camera becoming functional: would we have to wait and hope for an official ics kernel update from Motorola in order to get full functionality, or is it something that could be solved even if they decide to drop the phone?

I wouldn't count on an ICS upgrade. I'm quite surprised we even got Gingerbread.

I'd love to have the functioning camera, but given the advantage I've had with this ROM over others (mainly the fact that data doesn't randomly disconnect) I'm willing to give up the camera.

r3j2

Reaction score
Both of those points make sense. I always thought that we got GB just because of how similar the Pro is to the D2G.

So, assuming that Motorola has dropped this and the 4.6.8 kernel is all we have, can the API issues be worked around?

I definitely agree with the data switching issues. I'm currently on Apex because of them. Not an ideal solution, but it gives me the functionality I need.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm very confident that somebody will write something to give us camera support. The Motorola defy which uses a froyo kernel and libraries has already taken a picture on ics. It looks like a green filter has been placed on the lens and the picture doesn't preview, but they have taken s picture so it's definitely possible for compatibility. There's no timetable though :/ GSM works on the d2g as well as 3g data, but I'm not gonna be home till Tuesday so I will give GSM a shot then

Also, 1% battery increments should work too. Overall, this is looking far more promising than CM7 :) no settings not sticking and no issues switching between 3g and wifi

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

manolo

Reaction score
I'm very confident that somebody will write something to give us camera support. The Motorola defy which uses a froyo kernel and libraries has already taken a picture on ics. It looks like a green filter has been placed on the lens and the picture doesn't preview, but they have taken s picture so it's definitely possible for compatibility. There's no timetable though :/ GSM works on the d2g as well as 3g data, but I'm not gonna be home till Tuesday so I will give GSM a shot then

Also, 1% battery increments should work too. Overall, this is looking far more promising than CM7 :) no settings not sticking and no issues switching between 3g and wifi

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I just installed this rom on my Droid Pro. It seems super fast and very stable. Really good job

manolo

Reaction score
I just found it under Settigs - System (interface) - Status bar al- Battery status style. But i think you have to reboot after the change

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just made a new build, it includes the 1% battery fix which is really cool. However a few things were missing which may help fix GSM. As of right now the Droid 2 Global has working GSM voice but no 3G data. I've implemented all the fixes that the D2G used for GSM, I can only help that makes its way into our builds :)

Should be a new build in an hour or so

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Nice! I only use GSM voice right now, so I can definitely test that out and let you know if it works or not. I'm sure the D2G guys are working on data as well. One step at a time. This is going to be a pretty sick ROM by the time everything is incorporated.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nice! I only use GSM voice right now, so I can definitely test that out and let you know if it works or not. I'm sure the D2G guys are working on data as well. One step at a time. This is going to be a pretty sick ROM by the time everything is incorporated.

Definitely! Thanks for your patience in waiting for GSM! Hopefully this does the trick :)

Reaction score
Looking forward to the new enhancements!

BTW what are the differences between your ROM and lurker's? Glancing through his thread it appears that you've helped with his a bit.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've updated the OP and bolded the new parts pertaining to the newest .zip 2-20 and how to test to see if GSM works :)

wykjacky

Reaction score
I've updated the OP and bolded the new parts pertaining to the newest .zip 2-20 and how to test to see if GSM works :)

Thanks. I flashed the new build. And found the following issues:

1. I can switch to GSM successfully. However, phone.apk will FC for the first time while I tried to make a call. But it resumed normal and worked flawlessly after the first time FC.
2. After I reboot the phone, the Network mode is automatically switched back to CMDA instead of GSM.
3. GSM data is still not working. the 3G data sign is shown for around a second and then disappeared.

Apart from this, the build is fast and stable, I love it!

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I flashed the new build. And found the following issues:

1. I can switch to GSM successfully. However, phone.apk will FC for the first time while I tried to make a call. But it resumed normal and worked flawlessly after the first time FC.
2. After I reboot the phone, the Network mode is automatically switched back to CMDA instead of GSM.
3. GSM data is still not working. the 3G data sign is shown for around a second and then disappeared.

Apart from this, the build is fast and stable, I love it!

Ehh, progress!
Annoying that GSM doesn't stick through a reboot though. I will ask the D2G team why that might be for our phone but not theirs. Did you do the airplane mode thing? And if you did that, have you tried setting it to GSM in the test menu?