[ROM] [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
JackpotClavin said:
Did you flash the zip called 6-18 or 6-18-with-mac? I forgot to include it initially when I uploaded the zip the first time, but I corrected it later on. I saw there were 5 downloads of the original 6-18 zip that didn't have the Mac address fix, perhaps one of the downloads was you?

Note to the mods: I may have reported gsu_golfer's post by accident as I may have clicked report rather than quote

I originally flashed without the fix, but once I got everything up and running, I flashed the new one over it (without wiping anything).

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's really weird. I just tried it on my phone and it worked. You're typing su, then pressing enter, then typing mac-address-fix.sh? If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is you possibly flashed the same build twice? If you go to Settings -> About phone -> scroll down to build date, mine says Mon Jun 18 21:28:25 EDT 2012. If it's from an earlier time, you might've installed the same old build twice

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn off keyboard shortcuts? After a while, my keyboard stops working and nothing happens except the shortcuts.

EDIT: This is not in reference to todays build. I have not yet tried it.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Just press(or long press) the search soft key ... to release the shortcut lock ... seems for some unknown reason the search key goes into a pressed state ... and pressing any key in this state launches the preset app for that particular key.

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

aiamuzz

Reaction score
any progress on the GSM functionality ?

I tried Build 6-18 with mac fix zip ... I could not get the signal for GSM network on my device successfully ... the frantic fiddling that I did then, possibly messed my device's GSM radio(hardware) as
When I returned to my Gummy backup the GSM signal died on my device by evening ... I had to SBF back to froyo and do the whole exercise of setting up my device once again ...

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
That's really weird. I just tried it on my phone and it worked. You're typing su, then pressing enter, then typing mac-address-fix.sh? If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is you possibly flashed the same build twice? If you go to Settings -> About phone -> scroll down to build date, mine says Mon Jun 18 21:28:25 EDT 2012. If it's from an earlier time, you might've installed the same old build twice

My date is before that, but the filename is with mac address. I'll figure it out eventually.

Just press(or long press) the search soft key ... to release the shortcut lock ... seems for some unknown reason the search key goes into a pressed state ... and pressing any key in this state launches the preset app for that particular key.

Yea, I've figured that out in the interim. Thanks.

Astaroth

Reaction score

I'm getting this too, I've also already figured out how to get it unstuck, but I don't understand why it's happening at all. Very frustrating.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Astaroth said:
I'm getting this too, I've also already figured out how to get it unstuck, but I don't understand why it's happening at all. Very frustrating.

It's because the search button thinks it's pressed. Sometimes all it takes to stop it from reporting it's pressed is to clean off the magnifying glass soft button by wiping it with a shirt

_lurker

Reaction score
It's because the search button thinks it's pressed. Sometimes all it takes to stop it from reporting it's pressed is to clean off the magnifying glass soft button by wiping it with a shirt

I should've known this trick earlier. I always had to restart my phone every day or two because of this.

Thanks a bunch, guys!

[video=youtube;YY9duD1dJBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9duD1dJBk[/video]

aiamuzz

Reaction score
While on a CM7 rom, open Rom Manager then select Flash ClockworkMod, select Motorola Droid X (2nd-init) to update your old CWM from a 2/3.x build to a 5.x build. Reboot, make a backup and voila, compatible backups with the new CWM that's on these builds. I've never had issue restoring between CM7 and CM9 builds.

I installed 5.x build via ROM manager but the problem is i have been unable to restore even one .tar backup generated out of this 5.x recovery ... in fact the backups made off the prepackaged recovery of JC's CM7 build too is having the same problem. All the .tar backups give out an error while restoring .. /system ... whereas the
.img backups generated out of the older bootstrap recovery have been the saviors as they are restored without any problem and moreover without having to flash oldrecovery.zip !!!

(however /data.tar thru advanced option ... i was able to restore after restoring an old .img backup)

tevagoa

Reaction score
Do you guys think this is stable enoughr for everyday use? I'm from eu, using stock 2.3.4, rooted, kernel 2.6.32.9, built 4.5.1-110-VNS-35.
I need gsm, no cdma, and gsm data with 3g, wifi and camera. everything else i can miss.

tnx for great work

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Do you guys think this is stable enoughr for everyday use? I'm from eu, using stock 2.3.4, rooted, kernel 2.6.32.9, built 4.5.1-110-VNS-35.
I need gsm, no cdma, and gsm data with 3g, wifi and camera. everything else i can miss.

tnx for great work

I would stay away if you're a GSM user, some have had problems

TooUglyForU

Reaction score
I have a few questions:

1. For the GAPPS, I found from goo.im site a 4/29 ICS version, however in the official CM9 site, it's dated only 3/17.
My first install of CM9 (upgrade from CM7 6-6. Wiped data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe davlik), I used 4/29 version.
The phone could not start properly, and couldn't get into custom recovery anymore. I was forced to SBF and start everything again.

Was this issue caused by GAPPS? Or my upgrade method?

2. Is there a setting for the backlight? I can't get it on.

3. I have an application that's giving a warning "XXX is restricted to run in background". I try to change the run in background setting from this application, but there is no settings to change. Do you have any idea where to look for this?

I've been using it only for an hour or so. All in all, this looks promising.

Great job Jackpot!!

2ugly4u

TooUglyForU

Reaction score
For #2, turn on automatic backlight in the display settings.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the keyboard backlight. I turned it on (and even rebooted) and still no luck.

Another bug that I found (unless there is a specific setting) is that there is no LED while charging, yet to verify if there is light when there is notification