[ROM] [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

ngtwolf

Reaction score
Its a real shame the camera doesn't work as that is a must have for me. Though as I understand, the D2 version by cyanogen has noo camera to statrt with. I'm assuming that's the base you used.
But thanks for the hard work.

The camera is hardware specific and without the drivers its probably going to be a problem. Every phone I've had that I've installed roms on, the camera always takes a while to get working when a new version of android comes out and that's usually with a bunch of people working on it. As far as I know, we only have two people who can make roms at all for the droid pro, jackpotclavin and lurker, so it might take a while. :)

dutchbastard

Reaction score
I know, and like I said afaik cyanogen can't get it to work on the D2 either. So I'm thinking its a bit deeper rooted than just drivers. But idk, all I know is, without working camera I am out of luck. No ICS for me :(

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

ngtwolf

Reaction score
I'm so glad I pretty much never use the camera on cell phones.
The camera isn't good enough for keepsake photos, but I find I use it a lot for work. I need to send emails to people to do things and find it pretty handy to snap a photo of whatever i need fixed, send it to my email client client and write an email to accompany the picture. I've even used it as a poor mans scanner when I fill out a document somewhere that I want to keep a copy of. Plus, there is that saying, the best camera is the one you carry with you... Sometimes you don't expect to need to take a picture and don't bring your camera... you'll be annoyed on those rare occasions as you stare at your phones camera but can't take a picture. :)

ngtwolf

Reaction score
I know, and like I said afaik cyanogen can't get it to work on the D2 either. So I'm thinking its a bit deeper rooted than just drivers.
I'm hoping when they do get the camera working on the D2, or the D2G specifically, that we might be able to port that over. I don't know for sure, but i believe the camera hardware is the same on the two phones.

buckeye25

Reaction score
Which Gapps download is everyone using - there are about 30 in the link and i would rather not pick the wrong one. Also, has anyone had a chance to test out the bluetooth? Im thinking I might flash this over the weekend and what to make sure i have my ducks in a row first.

ngtwolf

Reaction score
Anyone else not getting a keyboard backlight?

Go into settings, display and turn the brightness to auto. Presumably you can just turn the brightness up, its pretty low by default, if you don't use auto.

pavlak21

Reaction score
Go into settings, display and turn the brightness to auto. Presumably you can just turn the brightness up, its pretty low by default, if you don't use auto.

the settings worked for me >>>

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Don't know how I've missed that all this time. Worked perfectly. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

r3j2

Reaction score
So, not to beat a dead horse, but in terms of the camera becoming functional: would we have to wait and hope for an official ics kernel update from Motorola in order to get full functionality, or is it something that could be solved even if they decide to drop the phone?