6.16.617 update KEPT root

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Hacks' started by djstinso, Aug 21, 2012.

1. djstinso

djstinso Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I looked around on here and didn't find anyone who had posted this so I thought I would help out. Woke up today with the 6.16.617 completely downloaded on my phone ready for install. I rooted some time ago with motofail. I went into the install (literally without doing anything else) and when finished was still rooted with superuser access. I have not had much time to play with it, EVERYTHING is different here and am taking the adventure to adjust, however I did go directly to my wifi tether (3.1-beta 11) and it gained superuser permissions but got locked into the "starting tether" screen. So I hit the back button and it said it was tethering. It performed the same way with untethering as well.
    screenshots of..
    Screenshot_2012-08-21-14-38-26.png Screenshot_2012-08-21-14-38-42.png Screenshot_2012-08-21-14-39-01.png

I can not say that tether works though, if anyone wants me to check let me know.

**edit I may have had the heavens above open up on me because I am hearing my situation was not the normal. So be prepared with Razrs_edge to re-root

2. djstinso

djstinso Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As an update I had to upgrade my tether to the new wifi tether 3.2 beta 1 switch my device profile to generic ICS/JB (wlan1) and it all works just fine

Search tags for this page

mz 617update

root android 617