[KERNEL] 6.16.214 Ics Upgrade Leak (To Be Installed From 211 Ics)

trevoryour

Reaction score
Well, that was simple.

I was on rooted 211 (nothing frozen, only hidden) and I just:

- Hid root with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper
- Installed update from recovery
- Cleared cache (forgot to do that FIRST, doh)
- Rebooted, watched "Optimizing Application x of y"
- Verified I now have 214
- Restored root with Voodoo.

Done deal. Thanks to all, including those that confirmed this method would work fine to keep root.

Wow that seems easy. I get so overwhelmed looking at all the instructions in the forums. I'm glad someone gave some the simple bullet points on what needs to be done. For my situation the only thing I'm not sure about is SafeStrap. I currently have eclipse ics 1.1 and Safe Strap installed. Are your instructions still valid or do I need to do something to get rid of Safe Strap?

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Wow that seems easy. I get so overwhelmed looking at all the instructions in the forums. I'm glad someone gave some the simple bullet points on what needs to be done. For my situation the only thing I'm not sure about is SafeStrap. I currently have eclipse ics 1.1 and Safe Strap installed. Are your instructions still valid or do I need to do something to get rid of Safe Strap?

I THINK you can just uninstall it (as in, from the app itself so that it removes itself), but I'm not entirely sure.

Kyle06

Reaction score
Thanks Matt that was super easy, I was experiencing a lot of lagg and after the update its been very fluid

juv3

Reaction score
I got this Leak up and Running... now I'm waiting for a debloat or deodexed script anyone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Turbod

Reaction score
Are there any mirrors to the OP links? They are currently unavailable due to excessive traffic.

jtc303

Reaction score
Turbod said:
Are there any mirrors to the OP links? They are currently unavailable due to excessive traffic.

Forget .214 and just update to .215 ... if youre on stock .211 you can install this update right away
http://www.mediafire.com/?6kru60bm4u7le5v

More info about .215 here -- http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/3422-616215-ics-update-leak-install-from-211/

Also you can use matts utility 1.8 to get back to stock .211, root and then unroot with voodoo and THEN install the above update

Last edited: