6-14 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *Blazing fast, 7 Theme options, many extras*

Mr.L09

Reaction score
Not the music app its the G1 IM app that keeps fc'ing

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

skourg3

Reaction score
So reading through the thread, I have some input on a couple of issues. I know why adb remount doesn't work (though I don't know how to fix it), and the same issue might be affecting pm.

The file /default.prop contains a property ro.secure. In all of the roms built around this leak, ro.secure=1 is set. In order for adb to be able to execute commands that would require root permissions, ro.secure=0 must be set. At least, this is what I have found from searches on related topics. I've tried changing the value manually many different ways (I tried using the setprop command, and I also tried manually editing the file via root explorer text editor, pull/edit/push, etc). Changing the value doesn't seem to do it immediately (you can verify by doing getprop ro.secure in terminal), and on reboot it goes back to the old version of the file with ro.secure=1.

mikesuds

Reaction score
Was working well, now can't boot, help?

I have installed several different versions of this Kangerade, and was trying a few different kernels. I wasn't have the best of luck with the higher speed ulv's from chevy, so I started from scratch, installed the Nex-theme Kangerade through rom manager with the 1.1ulv, and it actually booted and worked, whereas the 1.2 and 1.25's did not boot at all (stuck at boot animation).

After a couple minutes of letting it sync though, it rebooted on it's own. I have several different kernels on my sd card, in case I had any problems, so I could just boot to clockwork and flash them to try to solve any problems. However, now it wont boot at all, whether to the OS or recovery.

If I let it boot on it's own, it gets to the boot animation. If I try for recovery, it gets stuck at the motorola M and does nothing else.

I am really stuck here, and any help is truly appreciated. If I've left anything out, let me know, I will try to give you any other info that might help figure out what I can do here. thank you all for your work.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wrong Download File

The download in the OP for "white notifications with clock" actually downloads the "blue notifications with clock". I would like to get the download with the clock, just wanted to let you know.....

skourg3

Reaction score
@mikesuds did you do anything besides that, like open ROM Manager and flash CW Recovery (after installing 2.2)? There is a bug where you have to flash CW Recovery, then SPR, then CW Recovery again (just flashing CW twice might work; it didn't seem to for me, but has for others) or else your recovery image gets screwed up.

I had that issue with the first 2.2 leak; I was trying to modify some files and one of them got me stuck in a boot loop at the bootanimation and unable to get into recovery. I had to RSDLite. Though I normally hesitate to give the suggestion to flash an sbf, that's likely the time to do so.

mikesuds

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of that bug, and everytime I load a new rom, I flash clockwork, then sp, then clockwork again to be sure it took properly... but this time, I honestly cant say if I actually did that. This all happened right before I went to bed. I was laying in bed waiting for it to sync, and it hadn't yet synced Rom Manager, before it rebooted on it's own, from what I hazily recall. I don't know that I was able to actually flash the recovery or not. It feels as though I definitely would have, but I just can't remember. Again thanks for the reply, anything else that could possibly work or am I looking at the .sbf flash most likely?

-EDIT-
sounds like from what you're saying, I most likely did NOT manage to flash recovery before I ran into problems...

@skourg3 any decent tutorials for using RSDLite with the droid to get, say, 2.0.1 back on it?

Last edited:

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anybody have a fix for news and weather widget and beautiful widget?? Beautiful Home will only read the default location that you enter at the beginning even if Geolocation is checked??? Also tried to change it to use GPS but it didn't work and I had to reboot to get GPS to turn off??

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
looks like GPS is out too. It is showing my location as the last one it updated yesterday before I loaded this ROM..... I believe this is what is causing the problem with BW, becasue it shows the same location.....??

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a fix for news and weather widget and beautiful widget?? Beautiful Home will only read the default location that you enter at the beginning even if Geolocation is checked??? Also tried to change it to use GPS but it didn't work and I had to reboot to get GPS to turn off??
I flashed mine without wiping over the leaked stock rom. Everything works now except the music script thing. You could try that.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

appdaddy

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with adobes flash site directory or whatever? I went to nicktoons.com and it days I don't have flash... I'm running kangerade red theme..... So I know I have flash, I can see the bananas dancing right now from my droid... Any suggestions or thoughts or similar stories?? Or is it just those few sites that I tried???

jmackxiii

Reaction score
JRummy----- Would this stillwork with your new ROM?
I know it's a crapy way to do it but you will have to get the framework-res.apk from my rom.. To do that go into the rom you downloaded and open system/framework and drag and drop framework-res.apk to your desktop. Then rename it to framework-res.zip and open res/drawable-hdpi. Then drag and drop the images you want into there. Next rename it to framework-res.apk and place it on the root of your sdcard and type the following in adb shell or terminal emulator:

su
mountsys
busybox rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk
busybox cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
unmountsys (an error might occur here but that's ok)
sync
rb

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with adobes flash site directory or whatever? I went to nicktoons.com and it days I don't have flash... I'm running kangerade red theme..... So I know I have flash, I can see the bananas dancing right now from my droid... Any suggestions or thoughts or similar stories?? Or is it just those few sites that I tried???

Find 'adobeflashplayer' in ASTRO (or whatever file manager you use), and tap on it to install... worked for most sites... Still cant get Hulu to work :(

Sippykipnip

Reaction score

Find 'adobeflashplayer' in ASTRO (or whatever file manager you use), and tap on it to install... worked for most sites... Still cant get Hulu to work :(

Hulu is on top of their game. Even after you do the debug in the browser....Hulu has disabled it
Hulu Hates Motorola Droid Users | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

frozty

Reaction score
Am I the only one getting slow video loads even in my house which is a 3g hotspot since I always have full service. Flash video buffers and then has to buffer again even when runing at 1ghz speed with chevy1's kernel.

I'm very happy with the rom overall was worth rooting my droid.
:motdroidhoriz: + froyo = me very happy

talkdj

Reaction score
FWIW, my news and weather widget still has June 16th news, etc on it. I reloaded the widget and acquired location and it downloaded but didn't change. I'm wondering if this is a Google issue........