6-14 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *Blazing fast, 7 Theme options, many extras*

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ugh ok, tried to install the modified music player. Said there was something wrong and to make sure I had jrummy on my sdcard which I do. Now I don't

Once installed I went to terminal and typed the script to change it.. "music" is the script. This is after I hit su and regained su permission since it was first thing in terminal since I installed the ROM. Does that help?? It only changes the widgets that are available for the stock music player and the default image that shows when you don't have the album art on your SD is changed to a CD case image when in portrait mode.
Yeah that's what I did lol didn't work. I'm also getting the news/weather error people are getting. What music app is the one in the screen shots? They don't look the stock music app.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

Well sorry not sure what the fix would be short of a reinstall but sure u already did that. The music player showing is the stock music app just showing albumart of the song.

Oh and sure u do but make sure to have the updated goodies folder on your SD card.

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I did lol didn't work. I'm also getting the news/weather error people are getting. What music app is the one in the screen shots? The

Well sorry not sure what the fix would be short of a reinstall but sure u already did that. The music player showing is the stock music app just showing albumart of the song.

Oh and sure u do but make sure to have the updated goodies folder on your SD card.
Thanks anyway I appreciate your response lol. Are you sure that's the stock music app? Why is the repeat button at the top?

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I did lol didn't work. I'm also getting the news/weather error people are getting. What music app is the one in the screen shots? The

Thanks anyway I appreciate your response lol. Are you sure that's the stock music app? Why is the repeat button at the top?

Yeah its the stock one. Been using all day. It is slightly modified i guess. Didnt notice the button layout change but your right. However the playlist and everything else is all stock or well themed stock and it runs through stock app.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

was your sdcard mounted when you were running the script? The script checks to see what music app you have in system to know which to switch and checks if you have the needed folder on your sdcard where the app is stored. If that is wrong then it will throw that error. I still need to fine tune it a little though.

check if you have a jrummy folder on the root of your sdcard. There should be 2 apps in that. if you don't have that then you have a problem.

If for some reason you don't have that folder then pull it from the zip (the rom) and place it on the root of your sdcard and the script should work.

Or you can place the music app on your sdcard and

su
mountsys
cp sdcard/MusicGoogle.apk system/app
unmountsys
sync

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was there, checked twice lol. Well I just tried flashing over the stock themed one without wiping from my back up. It finally worked! But now it just force closes lol

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
you mean the musicmod app fc's?
Yeah, I guess it's that playlist force close issue. It's working fine from the widget though. Is this how it's suppose to be? So I can't choose which playlist to play anymore?

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah, that's why I made it an option rather than the default. I wish I had more time to look into this kinda stuff.. oh well.. building adw right now and trying to tweak some things. Maybe I'll look at that later.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah, that's why I made it an option rather than the default. I wish I had more time to look into this kinda stuff.. oh well.. building adw right now and trying to tweak some things. Maybe I'll look at that later.
Np lol, just went back to the default one. Oh yeah I tried going back to it using the music script command but it wouldn't work again so I just did it manually. Also I think you have the older version of flash player. Just a heads up.

socaliabs

Reaction score
skype issue on froyo jrummy?

My skype works, my roommate's force closes on login is there a fix or what shall I do ?

Isaiah

Reaction score
My skype works, my roommate's force closes on login is there a fix or what shall I do ?

Try fixing permissions im pretty sure there are a bunch of apps that have the options, titanium, rom mananger, dev tools. And theres probably a script. Im sure somebody knows better than me though, so thats just my two cents.

Anbody else having trouble with the market downloading things and getting stuck in that process/100%/installing stage? it happens to a couple of my apps every once and a while, uninstalling and reinstalling them seems to fix it but its annoying.

anybody know a fix?

socaliabs

Reaction score

Try fixing permissions im pretty sure there are a bunch of apps that have the options, titanium, rom mananger, dev tools. And theres probably a script. Im sure somebody knows better than me though, so thats just my two cents.

Anbody else having trouble with the market downloading things and getting stuck in that process/100%/installing stage? it happens to a couple of my apps every once and a while, uninstalling and reinstalling them seems to fix it but its annoying.

anybody know a fix?

Thanks I tried and rebooted still force closes :(( thanks though anything else?

Isaiah

Reaction score

anybody know a fix?

Thanks I tried and rebooted still force closes :(( thanks though anything else?

Worst worst case scenario wipe data/cache redownload/reinstall this rom restore all the apps. but id wait to here if somebody has a better idea

umdterp

Reaction score
just installed this rom, so far seems nice, except i'm having issues with it being unable to find my location through the network. This is affecting many things, including the news and weather widget, beautiful widgets, and better alarm clock. if you could fix this, i would be very grateful and i think that would push this into the lead for current froyo releases. thanks