6-14 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *Blazing fast, 7 Theme options, many extras*

hepbone

Reaction score
Any chance of getting the BLACK background back in for text messages and the ability to change Font Size and LED color like in the Remix builds?

Thanks! Awesome job on getting this together!

Sippykipnip

Reaction score
Hey Guys first time posting on here. I got a question. Ever since I downloaded this rom, I noticed that my Genie widget keeps reloading. I actually love that widget to read news and weather. Is there a fix for this?

It just shows a loading...acquiring location and keeps cycling through that way.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Firstly, awesome job on Kangerade. It's really lightning fast with the ULV 1.25 Kernel.

Just a quick note: I don't know if anyone's noticed this yet, but the top section of my Spare Parts is labelled "Spare Parts for the SHIZ". Don't know if that's an intentional homage, or just a leftover. Either way, it seems like it would be way down the list of things I'd worry about if I were developing it. Just noticed and wanted to pass it on.

Keep up the great work (you and all the other devs who keep us ahead of the game with ROMs and themes).

I originall made all of this for my shiz rom but then realized no one would want an ese81 rom anymore since froyo was released even though source didn't hit so I scratched the shiz v1.1 and went w/ this.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey Guys first time posting on here. I got a question. Ever since I downloaded this rom, I noticed that my Genie widget keeps reloading. I actually love that widget to read news and weather. Is there a fix for this?

It just shows a loading...acquiring location and keeps cycling through that way.

try setting you location by zip code and then changing it back.. for some reason that has worked for me in the past.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Any chance of getting the BLACK background back in for text messages and the ability to change Font Size and LED color like in the Remix builds?

Thanks! Awesome job on getting this together!

That was fcing on me when I built that app.. I think a lot of features will have to wait until source is released.

evilkokonut

Reaction score
For the setting that keeps launcher in memory, should I rename my launcherpro to launcher2.apk or adwlauncher.apk since theres no launcher2 included?

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Once you run the script, go to where you change the wallpaper, choose "live wallpapers" and then choose the "neural network" one. when you set it, it should set the newly downloaded/installed LWP.

Think of it as a Neural Network replacement.
it just makes neural network crash for me. i even tried that toggle in settings for FC and still does it.

I am having the exact same issue, and although not critical, would like to see it resolved.

It will probably work now.. I had to reupload everything to a new server because my host got pissed when 500gb were being transerred in 2 hours. :icon_eek:

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
LOVING the new rom. This is beautiful, visually and functionally. Thank you, JRummy!

I felt like the default font was a bit funky, though, and chose to install the goodies and use the "fontstock" script to switch back to the stock android font.

HOWEVER, the monospace font was still the same font I was trying to switch away from.

1. Why didn't the script fix this font also?
2. Why is the default monospace font NOT MONOSPACE?

Seems like an oversight... but how is nobody mentioning it? Terminal Emulator and Connectbot both looked jacked.

I manually fixed the font file in /system/fonts, but I still felt this was worth mentioning...

need to add that to my update/fix list.

mikipedia

Reaction score
Any suggestions on kernels? I tried Chevy's 1.0 Low Voltage first and when that got my droid in a boot loop I chose one without a kernel. This worked but I was kinda hoping to have an overclocked kernel and perhaps the tether which is also missing now.

Sippykipnip

Reaction score

try setting you location by zip code and then changing it back.. for some reason that has worked for me in the past.

Still doesn't work. It says Network error. Just curious also that the audio quality in Pandora went down...is this something you're aware off?

Sippykipnip

Reaction score
anyone else having trouble with the News and Weather widget? Mine just says sorry unable to connect please try later. then a Retry now button. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Having the same exact problem too

zeppelinmad4

Reaction score
anyone else having trouble with the News and Weather widget? Mine just says sorry unable to connect please try later. then a Retry now button. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Happened to me on Team Chaos Iron Man. Looks like it's a common froyo thing.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

hmm. I'm not having this issue and wish I had more time to look at small bugs like this. Also, I listen to pandora all day at work and I haven't noticed a difference.