6.1 RC5 has dropped

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know what it is. I just have never used it because it was initialy developed for developers and I can do everything that I'd need it for with RE

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

droiddadi

Reaction score
Excellant ROM only problem is redraws got worse. Didn't have any redraws with nightly 195.

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Excellant ROM only problem is redraws got worse. Didn't have any redraws with nightly 195.

I have not had a single redraw. Using compcache as well and that isnt lagging like people say after a day or so. I am using LP and in CM settings, have lock home checked. I also came from a fresh install. WWhat about yourself?

captdroid

Reaction score

I have not had a single redraw. Using compcache as well and that isnt lagging like people say after a day or so. I am using LP and in CM settings, have lock home checked. I also came from a fresh install. WWhat about yourself?

Have lock home checked in CM settings no additional hacks and no compcrap.. I mean compcache... :icon_twisted: No slow redraws whatsoever and super fast. :)

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Have lock home checked in CM settings no additional hacks and no compcrap.. I mean compcache... :icon_twisted: No slow redraws whatsoever and super fast. :)

Whats the reason you call it compcrap? Would like to know the reasons ppl dont like it. As it speeds my phone up and when opening big apps, it even better.

captdroid

Reaction score

Whats the reason you call it compcrap? Would like to know the reasons ppl dont like it. As it speeds my phone up and when opening big apps, it even better.

You know why, it slows down the phone after a little while for many people and I don't think it's worth while. :)

Your compcache and I'm just say NO to compcrap... lol But we both are LP.. at least at the moment. :)

Last edited:
OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
You know why, it slows down the phone after a little while for many people and I don't think it's worth while. :)

I guess I am lucky. Only issues I have and I have with or without compcache is dialer lag every now and then. My phone is 44 hours uptime right now and no lag what so ever. But each phone is different. Like I use P3's kernel and no heat issues where a buddy uses it and it over heats his phone.

captdroid

Reaction score

I guess I am lucky. Only issues I have and I have with or without compcache is dialer lag every now and then. My phone is 44 hours uptime right now and no lag what so ever. But each phone is different. Like I use P3's kernel and no heat issues where a buddy uses it and it over heats his phone.

Ya... I tried the P3kernels but I am particular and want google goggles to work even though I rarely use it... lol LFY Slayher kernels all the way :) Haven't had any dialer lag...

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Ya... I tried the P3kernels but I am particular and want google goggles to work even though I rarely use it... lol LFY Slayher kernels all the way :)

I dont have luck with Slayers kernels. =( Even the "stock" kernel would over heat my phone with lil use. Once I went to P3, it was like a cooler compared to Slayers.

captdroid

Reaction score
Ya... I tried the P3kernels but I am particular and want google goggles to work even though I rarely use it... lol LFY Slayher kernels all the way :)

I dont have luck with Slayers kernels. =( Even the "stock" kernel would over heat my phone with lil use. Once I went to P3, it was like a cooler compared to Slayers.

Go figure :) Have you tried the LFY Slayher kernel?

Jmart922

Reaction score
Had redraw problems once again but I did the redraw fix from another thread and just like that zero redraws since then hope it stays that way, now all I need is next theme/smoked/watermarked

captdroid

Reaction score
Had redraw problems once again but I did the redraw fix from another thread and just like that zero redraws since then hope it stays that way, now all I need is next theme/smoked/watermarked

And you need a CM update to RC5 based on your sig... that or a sig update

Last edited:

droiddadi

Reaction score
For me stock kernel OCd to 800 works well without any lag or heat
CM 6.1 is way more responsive at stock speeds