6.1 RC5 has dropped

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
settings/wireless and networks/wi-fi settings/

then mine says wifi error, and i cant select it long press it or anything.
The other two options are greyed out

That is a known issue for some people when using slayher's kernels. I never did get wifi to work with them on my phone so I just switched to P3Droid's kernels and wifi worked fine. There is a wifi fix in slayher's thread on the CM forums so you could try that (it didn't work for me with the LFY kernels) or just try another kernel like P3 or jdlfg.

i got it up and running. i had to go through some crazy ish but its working!

Glad to hear it, so you got the LFY kernels working on CM6.1 with wifi? Any tips that I could try, I hear good things about the LFY kernels and would like to give them a shot if I could get wifi going.

jerroedr

Reaction score
That is a known issue for some people when using slayher's kernels. I never did get wifi to work with them on my phone so I just switched to P3Droid's kernels and wifi worked fine. There is a wifi fix in slayher's thread on the CM forums so you could try that (it didn't work for me with the LFY kernels) or just try another kernel like P3 or jdlfg.

i got it up and running. i had to go through some crazy ish but its working!

Glad to hear it, so you got the LFY kernels working on CM6.1 with wifi? Any tips that I could try, I hear good things about the LFY kernels and would like to give them a shot if I could get wifi going.

your not going to like it.
I had the extra problem of having to break a theme. gapps and widgets were sticking around after a full wipe, so i had to flash stock rooted, and then was able to flash cm fresh and lfy worked. so, basically, full out data wipe and fresh install should do it. i recommend the 1.1 lfy only because of the slots it uses

jerroedr

Reaction score
OR some people had success clearing all of the wifi addresses out of their wifi settings. i didnt have any saved so i couldnt try that