5gb/month?

gray_fox216

Reaction score
Hey, I am planning to switch to Verizon/Moto Droid from AT&T/Iphone and the only real problem I see is 5 GB a month data limit. Is there any way to get more data than this without paying more? Is 5GB enough, or do a lot of people run over? 5gb just doesn't seem like very much to me. That's only like 170mb a day. Thanks.

eliassami5

Reaction score
Hey, I am planning to switch to Verizon/Moto Droid from AT&T/Iphone and the only real problem I see is 5 GB a month data limit. Is there any way to get more data than this without paying more? Is 5GB enough, or do a lot of people run over? 5gb just doesn't seem like very much to me. That's only like 170mb a day. Thanks.

You have been given false information, there is no data limit. The unlimited plan is..well unlimited.

EXCEPT for tethering, tethering is not included in the contract and so if Verizon finds out you have been tethering then they will most likely charge you. You should not worry about that tho unless you run up like 50G a month on your data plan. Then they would start investigating your usage.

cyb3rtr0n

Reaction score
the Email & Web for Smartphone is $29.99/month and has unlimited data.

JCo352

Reaction score
You'll definitely love the droid, and I've heard of people using upto 20 gigs in a month, no problems.

appdaddy

Reaction score
Nice! Can't wait for it to come out! But if droid mod 1.0 is better than the OTA should I just go ahead and root my phone? Also i'd like more info on bugless beast, I've noticed quite a lot of ppl on here using that. What's the best rooted rom out there? And how can I get them? Do I need my own computer to download the .zip files? So many ?'s! If anyone can answer/ provide more info I'll gladly listen.... Hungrily... :D