596 OTA Install

jonasmckee

Reaction score
OK, this maybe a silly question, but i am a fat happy liberty rom user.. i sbf'd back to froyo last week and got then yesterday updated to 596 ota.. i just checked this forum and saw that v06 liberty gingerbread is for me?
i purchased liberty toolbox months ago.. so do i just follow the instructions or do i need to root?
Stupid question i know, but just making sure..

kilahimm

Reaction score
You need root because you need to use bootstrap to install liberty. If you're on the unrooted ota your only option currently is to SBF back to froyo and then install a pre-rooted version of the ota.

OP
J

jonasmckee

Reaction score
yes i thought so too.. but the note on the install instructions says:

Install Instructions:
=============================

Note:

Liberty v0.6 is based on the 4.5.596 OTA. You should be on this before installing the ROM.

kilahimm

Reaction score
There is a pre rooted version of the 4.5.596 ota prepared by P3Droid and Team Black Hat. Check over on the mydroidworld forum and you should be able to find the rooted ota very easily. Team Liberty has said they'll be outlining the upgrade path in greater detail with future releases.

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm rooted running liberty v2.0.1.. I rooted with gingerbreak what do I need to do to get the new 2.3.3 gingerbread update please help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kilahimm

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm rooted running liberty v2.0.1.. I rooted with gingerbreak what do I need to do to get the new 2.3.3 gingerbread update please help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Follow the instructions from P3Droid in this thread (Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone) for the "method 2" upgrade path to install the OTA. Once you're on Gingerbread if you're interested in installing liberty download the Donate Liberty Toolbox or wait 48 hours for Liberty v0.6 to be posted publicly.