.596 and Liberty

jgrizz

Reaction score
I'm am currently on .591 and 0.5 Liberty. Can someone comment if they flash .596 over Liberty? Brick or no brick?

Tiburon

Reaction score
that's all anyone has.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

GTX1

Reaction score
I went from 0.5 LGB to .596 Deodexed and Rooted. I used the .zip method that you just flash over, I didn't even have to wipe. You can only do that is you have the .12p radio though, which I did.

OP
jgrizz

jgrizz

Reaction score
I went from 0.5 LGB to .596 Deodexed and Rooted. I used the .zip method that you just flash over, I didn't even have to wipe. You can only do that is you have the .12p radio though, which I did.

Great news. Thanks for taking the plunge!

Tiburon

Reaction score
that's all anyone has.

How about this...just comment if you have tried it.

How about this...just take the advice of someone who HAS done the Liberty GB thing. I pointed out that the only SBF out there was the FroYo SBF. Not a big deal. Don't be a dick.

Now to expand on your original question...I haven't gone to official GB yet over LIberty GB because I'm afraid it would be a step back from what Team Liberty has done for us. Either way, good luck to you.

OP
jgrizz

jgrizz

Reaction score
that's all anyone has.

How about this...just take the advice of someone who HAS done the Liberty GB thing. I pointed out that the only SBF out there was the FroYo SBF. Not a big deal. Don't be a dick.

Now to expand on your original question...I haven't gone to official GB yet over LIberty GB because I'm afraid it would be a step back from what Team Liberty has done for us. Either way, good luck to you.

But I am a dick.......

Nmayar

Reaction score
At least we are all being honest here. I am going to flash over the Liberty team because I am sure they will have something new for us soon.

Tiburon

Reaction score

But I am a dick.......

Fair enough. Best of luck, and let us know if there's a real difference in functionality between LibGB and VZGB. :)

If you're going to be a dick, at least be a guinea pig... :)

Cheers.

kernelhappy

Reaction score
I'll second a request for a comparison between LGB 0.5 and .596 OTA. The only problem I've had with LGB 0.5 was that the 3G started flaking out this afternoon on me (first time in maybe 10 days of LGB 0.5) rebooted a couple times and it started behaving again.

OP
jgrizz

jgrizz

Reaction score
Hopefully it wont matter and we will have a liberty update soon. dancedroid

Nmayar

Reaction score
Hopefully it wont matter and we will have a liberty update soon. dancedroid

I am sure the liberty team will do something

Edit tweeted By @jrummy16: Glad I wrote this liberty leak porter script. Most of liberty is already ported to the new leak in 30 seconds :)

Last edited:

evams

Reaction score
Looks like Liberty .596 will be tomorrow or the next couple days....least what I gathered from Twitter.