.595 Build?

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Can we expect to see a .595 build in the nightlies soon? Rumor has it that's the official release!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's not the official release. .596 is supposed to be.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mcp770

Reaction score
What is this p3 is saying about having to be on 595 to take the 596 build all about. I understand its pointless for liberty to bother with 595 but rather wondering why the step is needed? Is there a kernel change again?

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
V0.5 will probably be the last Liberty build for a bit. Once the OTA comes out, donate toolbox will probably start to see builds based off that until we've got a solid release. We're gonna try to smooth out the customizer in the meantime and look into the general issues people have reported so we can hopefully squash them when setting up the next base.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
What is this p3 is saying about having to be on 595 to take the 596 build all about. I understand its pointless for liberty to bother with 595 but rather wondering why the step is needed? Is there a kernel change again?

Not everyone runs a rom. Some just wanted to be on the leaks to have Gingerbread. So for those who want to actually run the OTA officially, they need to get onto .595 in order for their phone to be eligible to receive the update notification when its finally pushed out by VZW.