1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

550,000 Android Devices activated daily

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Jul 14, 2011.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Here is another headline for your Android stat-book. The latest report says Google’s acquisition/creation is still growing. Earlier this year Android’s head man Andy Robinson said phones running Android were seeing over 400,000 activations a day. Today that number is now 150,000 more and it has only been two months. Thinking about it; the source pointed out that about 382 devices are now being activated every minute, while that number is an astonishing 3.85 million every week.

There’s almost nothing in the electronic world that sees numbers like that, and so the idea of Google’s global take over is coming true every day.

Via: Androidcentral
  2. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer Theme Developer

good news....
  3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

I don't think its just phones anymore, but they are reporting total Android activations. These are new activations, but I think the growth is coming from tablets. Would be nice to see phone and tablets split out so we can see how Android tablets are growing.
  4. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

This number is unbelievable to me, I am not saying it's not possible because I have no idea. But think about it, that's roughly 16.5 million a month now and 200 million a year. I just don't see 200 million people a year. Again it is possible not calling the stat a lie, it's just a HUGE number.
  5. NoBloatware

NoBloatware New Member

Andy Robinson? Seriously?
  6. kodiak799

But add in tablets and that's another 20-30M this year. Android will probably add 30M more activations in US smartphones alone this year. 200M doesn't seem impossible at all.
  7. GrinReaper

GrinReaper Member

May be i am getting these wrong but every time I SBF i need to activate right? Devs and Active modders do this all the time right, so does that count to activations as well ??
  8. kodiak799

No, it's new activations. They don't double count you every time you flash a rom.
Search tags for this page

android head

android man