50GB+ Data Hog Challenge Accepted!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

A few nights ago I finished an article with a sort of challenge. I announced that I would do my best to use as much data as possible during the last day of "unthrottled unlimited data" as a form of protest. Several of you decided to do the same thing. Many of you tweeted me saying that you were able to use 10GB during the last day. I personally was able to use 28GB. The way I achieved this was a bit mischievous and wasteful I must admit. I actually downloaded and deleted a 1GB test file over and over again. One of you tweeted me the above image. You were able to use a staggering 135GB! I have to wonder if we made a blip on Verizon's radar with all the data we used. How much were you able to use?

Just to be clear Verizon decided not to go through with the throttled data.

swc2001

Reaction score
How do you know they decided to not Throttle?

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I live in a town where the new XLTE is suppose to be....and my stats are deplorable at home! 1Mbps down consistantly!!!

I go outside the town....and it can rise up to 25Mbps.

So....such a way of using my phone will never be done at MY home.

*I did though do this a few months ago when my new rental house had an issue and I had to move to a different house for a month. It was GGGGGGGGGGrreat! I think I did like 70GBs that month....and it could have easily been more