5 screens

Dirtyred

Reaction score
Ok I need some help I saw were some droids had 5 screens instead of 3. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Home++ can give up to 7 IIRC without root.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why is everyone pushing the OP to Root?

shademar

Reaction score
Launcher+ (by the developer of home++) can add extra homescreens without changing the UI the way home++ does, and without rooting. That being said, I recommend home++.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most, if not all home replacement apps will give you additional home screens. The 2.1 Launcher .apk is another option (from 2.1).
Rooting is another ball game, and if you're only looking for more screens... not the way to go IMO.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow guys...wow...Haha!

If you just want more screens, launcer+ is the way to go. If you want more screens AND some different features, I recommend home++ or one of these... Home Replacement applications for Android by popularity - AndroidZoom.com

If you want to hack into your phone and change things you weren't meant to change, search this forum for root.

exactly.. no need to root if al you are looking for is more screens. Launcher+ will do that trick (though i recommend Home++)

allikanbe

Reaction score
I have to ask. What do you people do with all those screens? I have the original 3 screens and lots of apps. It seems that more screens just makes it more difficult to find items. What am i missing (besides more screens)?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To be honest, at this point, I basically use home++ for the powerstrip bar at the bottom. It's incredibly handy.

I've used as many as 5 screens and as few as 3. Currently, I have 4.
One the main one, I like to keep it light. I have the beautiful Widgets clock up top and icons for my most-used apps at the bottom. Only four.
to the left of that are more frequently used icons, including ones I don't want someone to see right away, like gmail, pictures, etc. On this screen, I have the power control widget at the bottom for easy toggling of wifi, bt, GPS, sync, etc. The rest of the screen is apps, except for 2 folders, one with other useful apps and one with games and dumb stuff. When I had 5 screens, these two folders had their own screens.
To the right of my main screen, I have calwidget taking up its own screen. It provides a quick and easy view of upcoming calendar events.
I just recently added the fourth to the right of calwidget, and it currently only has four shortcuts to system info (battery history, running services, etc). I created this as a sort of monitoring screen to keep an eye on system resources. Shortcuts made with bettercut.

If you've got some time, check out the thread entitled "screenshots of peoples desktops" or something like that. May give you some ideas as to what you can use the extra real-estate for.

Sodner

Reaction score
Launcher+ (by the developer of home++) can add extra homescreens without changing the UI the way home++ does, and without rooting. That being said, I recommend home++.

I use Launcher+. Simple, available from the market. Install and you can have up to 7 screens. I've been using it for a couple weeks. Pretty stable. I'd highly recommend it as my experiance with the Launcher ported from 2.1 was trouble, trouble, trouble!

loop4zil

Reaction score
I have to ask. What do you people do with all those screens? I have the original 3 screens and lots of apps. It seems that more screens just makes it more difficult to find items. What am i missing (besides more screens)?

I run a fair more widgets with 5 screens. I have a semi-logical setup....

One for calendar, One for news/info, a main home screen for looks/weather/news/basic tools then a messaging screen, then a setings/games screen with a pic of loop's fam (awww).

Last edited: