Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

samsunggs2.jpg

Samsung announced that they sold 5 million Galaxy S II phones in just 85 days (on July 22nd). That's a lot faster than the Galaxy S which took 125 days to sell 5 million. The Galaxy S took 7 months to reach 10 million units and Samsung says that the S II is expected to reach that amount sooner too. And it's not even on US soil yet.

The SII sold 3 million units in 55 days, they sold 2 million in just 30 days, so sales are actually accelerating as Samsung introduces the phone into more and more markets. At this rate we will cross the 10 million mark soon, beating Samsung's own original expectations.

Be sure to check out the source link for everything Galaxy S2 related! ;)

Source: Galaxy Forums via Samsung Tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I hate the fact that this phone has been released worldwide sans the US for months now...

The real problem, is that this phone has already been out worldwide for months, but still will take the mobile hardware crown stateside, and WILL be the phone to have. (if it has 4g)

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I hate the fact that this phone has been released worldwide sans the US for months now...

The real problem, is that this phone has already been out worldwide for months, but still will take the mobile hardware crown stateside, and WILL be the phone to have. (if it has 4g)

yea that is a shame that no one has come out with a phone with better specs and or even equal specs to match or beat this bad boy yet...smh...whats the wait...idk

Reaction score
Well.. Im not surprised anyone hasnt necessarily beat it yet. Im accustomed to Eastern Asia getting all the fun toys which is cool... I know the world does not revolve around the US, but we are a considerable market...To think this device has been out for months and we are a month or so out from getting it irks me. At the rate mobile tech is turning over, we are not even getting sloppy seconds.

Then again, our nationwide broadband sucks in comparison to the rest of the technologically advanced countries, so while not stay behind in the mobile phone sector too..

Really wish I didnt hear about the bionic as early as I did.. I hate the phone now, and ive yet to own it.

azules9780

Reaction score
Man that phone looks pretty awesome. If it had 4g, I would most likely get it when and if it came to Verizon. As it stands right now, I'm waiting to see if the bionic is really all that and a bag of chips(it better be since we waited this long and I'll be stuck with it for 2 years). If it's not really that awesome, I will probably go get the Droid Charge on a 1 year contract and get a new phone when the quad core awesomeness comes out.

Being patient but I'm getting an itchy trigger finger.

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see if the bionic is really all that and a bag of chips

And a box of hoho's?

The early 90s called... errr.. nvm.... lol

That small sentence served as a time machine circa 15 yrs ago.. haha

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rumblee1

Reaction score
How is the droid tonic suppose to stack up against the gs2?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

rumblee1

Reaction score
Sorry, meant the droid BIONIC. DAMN SPELL CHECKER.

donerico

Reaction score
Sorry, meant the droid BIONIC. DAMN SPELL CHECKER.

I have been researching all that is known about these phones at the moment and other than (possibly) LTE and perhaps a metal body I don't see how the Bionic beats the SG2 in any respect. I think I'll get whichever one comes out first. Although the SG2 has newer display technology.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont worry about what phone beats what. Look at ppl that grabbed the Droid 3. You think they are worried about LTE or 1GB ram?

Stop worrying about trying to get the best phone and get the best phone....for you....

gthotie5

Reaction score
I want Dual Core, 4G LTE, Super Amoled Plus, physical Keyboard, Stock Gingerbread and 2GB of RAM.
Please?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums