5 iPhone Flaws

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by NVash, Jun 25, 2010.

1. NVash

NVash New Member

2. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Wow. You would think they would have included:

1. Signal attenuation due to the phone being held "improperly"
    2. Yellow streaks and spots on the screen
    3. Inverted volume controls
    4. Shatters like a Christmas ball when dropped (on either or both sides)
    5. It is made by Apple
  3. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Well we can add those 5 to the 5 they have and then we have 10 reasons to not get it. WOOT! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  4. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

I have an honest assessment about the iphone 4 despite fanboy over here talkin junk. Oh there is an app that allows them to play some flash videos. I was about to make fanboy feel small but felt ima let hime feel good about his purchase. Now all in all the iphone 4 is a nice device. If I still had an iphone 3gs and never had a droid I would love the iphone 4. It plays videos nice and crisp.....I mean the video quality is amazing. I like the improvements and believe its a solid device that I would definitely recommend to att /iphone users.

With that said I would not trade a droid eris for it. I can do more on my droid and plus it is on a better network. Android and iphone users are apple and oranges imo. I like being able to customizze and decide what I want. Its something about going android, once u root and install roms, overclock, I can not see myself going back to an iphone. It would be like driving a benz and having to go back to a beat up toyota.
    People that prefer either android or iphone choose it because they are comfortable with device. I can list faults of the iphone but someone can do the same for the droid. I need not for the i4 to "fail" in order to make the droid a solid device. I prefer the droid someone prefer the iphone ...oh well life goes on, that's competition that's the market. Ima leave it up to google and apple to go to war with each other. Ima buy the device I want and let someone else buy the device they want. I am happy they are happy, move on.
    What makes people mad are the fanboys (both android and iphone) running around finding issues with other peoples phone so they can feel good. Look if u like ur phone cool, if not get what you like. I know on this forum we have fun talkin junk about the iphone but in reality people should not go out there pullin out there droid so u can try to make the iphone 4 fans mad. Let them feel good about their purchase just like you feel good about yours.
  5. GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid New Member

Yeah I kind of thought they would make more of an astonishing upgrade to the old one but they only upgraded it ever so slightly, but still looks OK and does what it needs to...its still super popular regardless of whats happening to it and I have a feeling its going to be that way for years and years to come.
  6. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I was trying to explain this to my father and said, "Would you buy a car with the hood and wheel nuts welded shut so any service must be done by the dealer and then discover that the windshield fogs so much that you can barely see? And when you complain you're told to keep all the windows down no matter what the weather because otherwise you're driving it wrong."
  7. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

This is about the best car analogy I have seen on these forums.
  8. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Ever so slightly?? How much change do you need?

Processor went from 600mhz to 1ghz
    HUGE improvement in screen resolution
    Went from 3mp camera to 5mp
    added a flash to camera + digitial zoom
    HD Video recording
    Longer battery life
    Added 2nd front-facing camera

Seriously, Im not trying to defend Apple, but there is a big difference between the iphone 4 and previous phones.

PS- (Flame suit on) I use an Incredible for work and have the iphone 4 for personal - I have not had ANY reception issues or screen issues at all, maybe im just lucky. And Im left handed, lol.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  9. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

i think you're in the majority, we just only hear about the problems... if they sell 2m of these things, and 5% of people are having these problems, that's 100k people having these problems and given the microscope apple is under, if even half of those 100k go online to complain about it, it will feel like the whole world is dealing with the issue

again, not trying to jump on the apple bandwagon, but trying to keep it realistic!

10. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

couldn't agree more... fanboism aside, these are just phones, it's not like we're talking life altering choices here... i loved my 3GS, and i love my Droid... if AT&T was better, I'd be tempted by the iPhone 4 b/c i've about customized myself to death on the droid... but it's all personal preference
  11. cpjr

cpjr New Member

^
    Agreed, to each his own....personal preference.
  12. Viper323

Viper323 New Member

Ugh these camera comments always bug me... now I've never used the new iPhones camera so I can't comment on its quality but more megapixles does NOT mean better quality! My 6MP Nikon will out shoot these 12MP smartphones any day :rolleyes:
  13. cpjr

cpjr New Member

^Your right it doesnt. I honestly believe my iphone takes better pics than the incredible, with fewer mp's. Now, until the iphone 4 was released a big advantage the droids had was a flash. And between the 2 they both work great, and if I REALLY want the pics to turn out good, I'll use my Nikon D80 :)
  14. Viper323

Viper323 New Member

:pint: Cheers to Nikon =D dancedroid
  15. cpjr

cpjr New Member

:beer2:
    Second round on me.
  16. bje1982

bje1982 New Member

So it took them how many years to enable features that Android handsets have had stock since day 1?
  17. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Oooh now wait a minute there on that 600 Mhz to 1Ghz. So far everyone testing the processor speed on the device is reporting that it is underclocked. Chances are it is clocked between 700Mhz and 800Mhz but not at 1 Ghz.

Now as to the changes. Not that things weren't added but the fact that what was added besides the gyroscope was a me too addition and then touted as revolutionary and magical. The device itself is overall a nice piece of hardware but suffers from one too many flaws. The other huge flaw is iPhone OS 4, too little too late. By the time the iPhone 5(?) is released it will be so far behind the hardware curve of the then current or released within weeks of it superphones. Just look at the iPhone 4 as an example. Droid X and Samsung Epic 4G coming in July. Hell the EVO 4G already trumps it. Last but not least is the first gen of the LTE superphones coming towards years end, nevermind the 2nd gen superphones dropping this time next year.
  18. cpjr

cpjr New Member

^We all know you are 100% anti-Apple, it is obvious in every post of yours, no need to keep explaining it.

Fact is, if the same exact hardware had anything other than an Apple symbol and ATT logo on it, you'd be all for it.