Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Crispy, Jul 18, 2010.
Give me your top 5 specific examples that rooting your phone has allowed you to do.
1.) overclock and get root only apps (ad-free, min free manager, etc)
2.) install custom roms/themes
4.) get updates quicker
5.) make my phone super awesome
Block Ads using AdFree
Get 2.2 before the non-rooters
It runs 10x faster on a custom ROM. Its honestly like night and day.
Faster Phone dancedroid
Flash 10.1 before "normal people" :icon_ nana:
Themes :icon_ banana:
Custom Boot Screens :clap:
Ad Blocking icon_ banned: <~ Me looking at ads, then rooting)
Remove the few apps i'll never use(force fed corporate cr@p)
tethering w/ linux AND window$(as seldom as that may be)
aquiring unsupported software(flac codec,baseband upgrade, and couple more i can't think of at the moment)
aside from the obvious ability to install custom roms and update sooner...
1. tethering (wireless and usb, regardless of your carrier's policy)
2. access/backup/modify files in the android system (like removing the camera click for example)
3. Overclock (which is not only safe if done correctly it is very effective)
4. titanium backup.. you just have to use it to know
5. have more fun with testing/updating/changing my phone in just about whatever way I want
Froyo gives me wireless voice call. That alone is enougn.
ability to move apps from phone to SD card
Gets you to understand how your phone works better.
All of the above AND i can delete all those crap apps i hate!!
1. VPN to Cisco devices. This was the main reason I rooted.
2. Wireless tether.
4. Experimenting with the system files.
5. Create the look of disbelief on the faces of iPhone users.
Sent from my droid using Tapatalk
Ugh.. Well, "Rooting" sounds too good to resist. I just hope I don't "break" my phone. BTW.. What's "Overclock"?
Original Moto Droid owner.
2. custom themes and roms
3. wifi tethering
4. faster updates
5. deleting system apps like amazon mp3
6. jealous iphone friends