5.9.905, anyone? Pulled from Cheesecake server for your pleasure!

twj498

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the Install Update notification or delete the update? Where are updated stored? I downloaded the 905 update from Cheesecake and at this point I'm not sure it's worth the effort. Jumped the gun and was all excited. Sorry for the newb ?. Rooted on stock 902.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is "official" but some sites are now referring to 5.9.905 as a Over The Air update (OTA), so is it safe to assume this is the soak test?
Motorola DROID Bionic gets leaked 5.9.905 OTA

*LOL* Wow, my leak is all over the internet.

No, it's an OTA because I originally pulled it from the "Cheesecake" server (Motorola Dev server) via OTA update method. Thus, the file is installable on a stock .902 phone via stock recovery. The very term "leaked" means that it is not official. It COULD end up being the update that is officially pushed OTA, but there's just as good a chance that it won't be.

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The download fails. Says not its not supported on my device. Stock 902.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I assume you are trying to download it via your phone? You should download it on your PC and copy it to your SD card. Or, you could try a program like "Download Crutch Lite".

I don't believe a stock Bionic supports downloading .zip files, which this is.

Bigv5150

Reaction score
When I put the new XML file in the 902 fxz do I have to rename it to match the original XML file or it doesn't matter it will install anyway.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
*LOL* Wow, my leak is all over the internet.

No, it's an OTA because I originally pulled it from the "Cheesecake" server (Motorola Dev server) via OTA update method. Thus, the file is installable on a stock .902 phone via stock recovery. The very term "leaked" means that it is not official. It COULD end up being the update that is officially pushed OTA, but there's just as good a chance that it won't be.

Right, like .901 vs .902 and now .904 vs .905.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If 905 is the official I'm skipping. 904 has been a lot better data connection wise.

striker85

Reaction score
I flashed .905 yesterday and have no real complaints. The only exception is when I was driving through a major urban area and was CONSTANTLY losing GPS signal. That was a relative first for me. I've had time where it dropped out, but this was awful. It would drop and reconnect 30 seconds later, give me a completely inaccurate reading and then drop out again.

Maddog241

Reaction score
I flashed .905 yesterday and have no real complaints. The only exception is when I was driving through a major urban area and was CONSTANTLY losing GPS signal. That was a relative first for me. I've had time where it dropped out, but this was awful. It would drop and reconnect 30 seconds later, give me a completely inaccurate reading and then drop out again.

Is it possible that the recent increase in solar activity might have contributed to the GPS issues?

I flashed 905 late last night after an insane evening at work. Today I will put it through its paces and see how it goes.

Maddog241

Reaction score
It has been well publicized that we are currently in a period of increased sun activity which is supposed to peak in 2013. Here's more if you are interested Solar Effects

rbrill177

Reaction score
I am currently running. 905 and have slightly better battery life than. 904. For me,. 901 was actually the best update for my bionic with no data drops and good battery life. 902 was not so great for me on it played around with some leaks and it looks like I will hang on to 905 for the time being. I am in the northern chicago suburbs in what vzw has called a 4G fringe area. I am in 4G 98% of the time.

johnlgalt

Reaction score
I've had major issues with my 4G dropping and never coming back. Yesterday, I was on 3G only for the better part of an hour in a VZW store where every 4G device on display was on 4G.

I'm having fits with both .904 and .905 and the handoffs, but either is still better than .902.

rbrill177

Reaction score
If it wasn't such a PIA to go back to 901 I'd be there now.