5.7.893 radio/kernel

dstreng

Reaction score
We have same kernel. U have an updated baseband

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dstreng

Reaction score
So what is kernel version on pure stock?

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
Yea so we need to find out if there's a way to flash the original kernel

wilboy

Reaction score
So what is kernel version on pure stock?

5.5.886 dunno the orig. kernel..can someone here show us the stock kernel?

Last edited:
OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
one thing that confuses me is that if you look at the sbf restore stuff, it does appear to flash a boot.img. wouldn't that be the kernel? The first method that came out def has a boot.img in there. The newer one click version with forever root only has system.img. I'm wondering of the original method actually will restore the kernel

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
disregard - i tried using that method to restore the boot.img and it fails

* Flashing boot.img
sending 'boot' (8192 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... INFOPreflash validation failure

So i guess it already sees that the boot image signatures dont match and fails. Seems we're stuck unless someone comes up with a way to flash it

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
its not mine. i found it on google. its completly stock, mine is not. But i found where u can download the stock kernel

HERE... click kernel_omap >>> DroidBionic - Browse /droidbionic/5.5.1_84_DBN-55 at SourceForge.net <<<

as stated above i have the stock kernel from one of the original fastboot one click restores, but as you can see it doesn't flash anymore. Not sure how what needs to happen but it doesn't work in flashing cause of the locked bootloader. sucks... i also tried using the radio.zip and that failed as well, not sure on what tho.

wilboy

Reaction score
as stated above i have the stock kernel from one of the original fastboot one click restores, but as you can see it doesn't flash anymore. Not sure how what needs to happen but it doesn't work in flashing cause of the locked bootloader. sucks... i also tried using the radio.zip and that failed as well, not sure on what tho.
That sucks..oh boy..well,lets wait....:frown:

welsalex

Reaction score
I figure theres always the fail safe method of "accidently" smashing your phone, insurance claim, and blammo stock phone. Its a hundred dollar deductible but thats the price to pay for being impatient.

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
yep i guess nothing we can do but wait.

if anyone wants to play around with figuring out if its even possible to load back the original kernel, here is a link to it:

boot.img