5.7.893 installed ?

cbrmike

Reaction score
So what are those of us who have this 5.7.893 plan on doing if a fix is not in the works ?

Move to a different phone with better data connection ,try getting the Bionic replaced with a referb or just deal with it ?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For now it's just a waiting game to see what happens. If nothing comes out, the link I posted is the only way I know to reverse what happened.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see some people take a refurb then if it doesn't work out they take another one. Then if that one doesn't work out, they keep trying until they get a good one.

OP
C

cbrmike

Reaction score
I see some people take a refurb then if it doesn't work out they take another one. Then if that one doesn't work out, they keep trying until they get a good one.

But what about the leaked version on my phone, I would think they would see that and who knows what would happen.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would wait a little while and see what happens. I took the leak myself, I am rooted but after looking at the problems members are having trying to get back on track, I'm not sure what to do. I still might try it after I get some rest, if your not rooted, I'm not sure if it would work anyway. Anyone have any suggestion?

sgregory111

Reaction score
Returning from the dark side!

If your good enough to do the cheescake thing and apply the leaked root, then following the instructions on this link to get back to OTA should not be a problem.

Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWiki

Many people have posted success using this method. I have not done this yet but plan to. I am downloading the files and making sure I understand every step before I start.

I am thrilled to see a path from 5.7.893 back to OTA.

wilboy

Reaction score
Yep,got mine working (5.893)to update path last night for 2 hrs...flashed radio and webtop too!!Now,am hunting for the best ROM.:)

OP
C

cbrmike

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied with this info, as I stated I am not rooted and know nothing about flashing and forever root and such. What is the best option for me ? Could someone PM me a walkthrough for dummies lol.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you want to root or would you rather stay on stock?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure but I think there is an option on the forever root hack that can restore your system without rooting but you would still have to do everything in the link I posted earlier. Anyone else have any ideas?