5.5.893 sbf?

asperber

Reaction score
I installed 5.5.893 on my rooted Droid Bionic. If i needed to do a SBF, which file could I use for it? And how could i return my phone to stock and get the OTA update??

Thanks!

ripper2860

Reaction score
As I understand it you cannot truly RETURN TO STOCK as the Kernel and Radio are updated to 5.5.893 with the leaked OTA files. All you can do is flash the SYSTEM partition back to .886 and while you can do that, you would still likely be off the "official" OTA Upgrade path. Until the BOOT LOADER is cracked you are likely stuck on receiving updates via Cheese Cake staging server files.

AlexSB

Reaction score
As I understand it you cannot truly RETURN TO STOCK as the Kernel and Radio are updated to 5.5.893 with the leaked OTA files. All you can do is flash the SYSTEM partition back to .886 and while you can do that, you would still likely be off the "official" OTA Upgrade path. Until the BOOT LOADER is cracked you are likely stuck on receiving updates via Cheese Cake staging server files.

That could be bad, what if you need to order a replacement from Verizon?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ripper2860

Reaction score
That could be bad, what if you need to order a replacement from Verizon?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yep. Livin' life on the edge. Not to say that most at the VZ will check (or know how). Odds are pretty good that they will just re-image the phone anyway once they get it, but there is a element of risk in that one has "technically" voided the warranty.