5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
bamafan39 said:
and thanks ...your fxz's have saved not only my ass but a friends ass to..thanks for these!!!

Lol np but the real challenge will be the ice update an if people want to go back to GB without bricking like the razr users lol I'll find a way

zanshin825

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm pretty new to the Bionic, but I used to do similar things with my X.

Will this file work with the 902 update? Basically, I'm interested in the coming update because I'm hoping it'll improve my data connection, which doesn't seem that strong. That said, the first thing I did when I got the Bionic was root the phone and remove some bloat. Other than that, I'm stock, but I'm not sure if the update will take without the bloat. Does anyone know if it will?

Anyway, preparing for the possibility that it won't work, I was going to try this before the update comes so that the phone is ready to take it at that point.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
zanshin825 said:
Hi, guys. I'm pretty new to the Bionic, but I used to do similar things with my X.

Will this file work with the 902 update? Basically, I'm interested in the coming update because I'm hoping it'll improve my data connection, which doesn't seem that strong. That said, the first thing I did when I got the Bionic was root the phone and remove some bloat. Other than that, I'm stock, but I'm not sure if the update will take without the bloat. Does anyone know if it will?

Anyway, preparing for the possibility that it won't work, I was going to try this before the update comes so that the phone is ready to take it at that point.

If i have uninstalled any bloatware the update will fail my fxzs work with all system versions even the leaked .904 update

zanshin825

Reaction score
Thanks. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. After I use your files, I can root again with the exploit in your op? Will the update take if I'm rooted, but otherwise stock? Thanks!

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
zanshin825 said:
Thanks. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. After I use your files, I can root again with the exploit in your op? Will the update take if I'm rooted, but otherwise stock? Thanks!

Yes u can reroot with the exploit in op an any update if u are rooted but use ota root keeper from the market an back up an temp unroot before updating an then restore root when done with ota root keeper also any update will succeed if i freeze the bloatware instead of uninstalling it

KyleWelter15

Reaction score
Okay so ive been stuck all day now. I dunno where else to turn. This is the only thread i've found (outta about 300) that is still live. So here's my deal. If anyone can help me that would be great.

I tried installing theoryrom, wouldnt let me get past touching the droid at the beginning. So i went and used a program called R3eas3dRoot or something or other. And that ended up wiping that entirely. Now all im left with is the recovery (both up and down volume + power) and the fast boot (volume down +power)

when i just hit the power button. This is what i get.

AP Fastbook Flash Mode (s) (boot failure)
0A.61

Battery Ok
Ok to program
connect usb
data cable

Invalid CG QTV (CG: system): Invalid SP data
Invalid CG Version (CG: system)
Invalid CG QTV (CG: system)

i plug it into my computer to run RSDlite
I run a zip that i got off youtube (not sure if i can post the link or not, didnt read rules sorry :()
It gets to step 3/22 failed flashing process
My phone then goes to this screen right away

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (s)
0A.61

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected.

I plug the phone in to the outlet, but im not seeming to get a charge (had it charging for close to 4 hours while downloading files)

So. Now my next steps. I'm downloading the FXZ file that was on the first post in this thread. Is that correct?
i will make a trip to the verizon store to get my battery charged tomorrow. Are you guys seeing any other problems? ive tried running a few different FXZ's earlier when i had a charge. They did install through RDS and said completed. But my phone went back into Fastboot and kept doing that. I'm pretty sure i have the drivers. i will re download those tonight also just to make sure.

I need my phone. I don't have an extra and can't afford a new one. I dont even care if i can root it again (ookay yes i do) but i def need this fixed. Someone please help!! its been over 24 hours without it!!! :(

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
KyleWelter15 said:
Okay so ive been stuck all day now. I dunno where else to turn. This is the only thread i've found (outta about 300) that is still live. So here's my deal. If anyone can help me that would be great.

I tried installing theoryrom, wouldnt let me get past touching the droid at the beginning. So i went and used a program called R3eas3dRoot or something or other. And that ended up wiping that entirely. Now all im left with is the recovery (both up and down volume + power) and the fast boot (volume down +power)

when i just hit the power button. This is what i get.

AP Fastbook Flash Mode (s) (boot failure)
0A.61

Battery Ok
Ok to program
connect usb
data cable

Invalid CG QTV (CG: system): Invalid SP data
Invalid CG Version (CG: system)
Invalid CG QTV (CG: system)

i plug it into my computer to run RSDlite
I run a zip that i got off youtube (not sure if i can post the link or not, didnt read rules sorry :()
It gets to step 3/22 failed flashing process
My phone then goes to this screen right away

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (s)
0A.61

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected.

I plug the phone in to the outlet, but im not seeming to get a charge (had it charging for close to 4 hours while downloading files)

So. Now my next steps. I'm downloading the FXZ file that was on the first post in this thread. Is that correct?
i will make a trip to the verizon store to get my battery charged tomorrow. Are you guys seeing any other problems? ive tried running a few different FXZ's earlier when i had a charge. They did install through RDS and said completed. But my phone went back into Fastboot and kept doing that. I'm pretty sure i have the drivers. i will re download those tonight also just to make sure.

I need my phone. I don't have an extra and can't afford a new one. I dont even care if i can root it again (ookay yes i do) but i def need this fixed. Someone please help!! its been over 24 hours without it!!! :(

Ok charge ur battery u will not be able to do it in a flash failure so find a differnt battery or get an external charger an go into AP fast boot run the cdt fix the OP first then download an flash the .902 fxz

Last edited:

KyleWelter15

Reaction score
Ok charge ur battery u will not be able to do it in a flash failure so find a differnt battery or get an external charger an go into AP fast boot run the cdt fix the OP first then download an flash the .902 fxz

i have run the cdt fix. it works. I'm in the process of downloading the FXZ that was on the first post of this thread. I'm assuming its the .902.

what do you mean by external charger?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
KyleWelter15 said:
i have run the cdt fix. it works. I'm in the process of downloading the FXZ that was on the first post of this thread. I'm assuming its the .902.

what do you mean by external charger?

If u already have the battery charged or found a spare one u don't need the external charger it's only for when people are stuck in a flash failure an can't charge the battery or can't find a spare an yes it's the .902

KyleWelter15

Reaction score
i am stuck. Verizon store is a little ways away and its not taking a charge. I havent seen anything about external charging...

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
KyleWelter15 said:
i am stuck. Verizon store is a little ways away and its not taking a charge. I havent seen anything about external charging...

U can't charge the batter in a flash failure u either need to get a second battery or get an external charger an inductive battery back or u can look up on the web on how to splice a USB cord an charge the battery

KyleWelter15

Reaction score
U can't charge the batter in a flash failure u either need to get a second battery or get an external charger an inductive battery back or u can look up on the web on how to splice a USB cord an charge the battery

i have an extra cord and am considering the splicing. But im curious. Does the battery have to be plugged into the phone while you connect the + and - to the terminals? or is this a way to charge it?

Ive seen some people say this works. Ill give it a shot.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
KyleWelter15 said:
i have an extra cord and am considering the splicing. But im curious. Does the battery have to be plugged into the phone while you connect the + and - to the terminals? or is this a way to charge it?

Ive seen some people say this works. Ill give it a shot.

I haven't tried it so I don't know just follow the instructions to the T lol