5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would this method work if i have my phone on in any mode or does it have to absolutely be in ap fastboot mode?

Yes any time u flash u have to be in ap fastboot mode read the op

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

ax562

Reaction score
Yes any time u flash u have to be in ap fastboot mode read the op

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

Yeah figured. Did read the op. I also have seen methods that don't require ap fastboot mode just being in usb charge also works. Thought I would ask. Thanks!

Crash1701

Reaction score
Hello. I have a rooted BIONIC with stock operating system .886. I have had an issue trying to figure out my process to get to the OTA .902 update with my current state. I am looking to flash Eclipse 2.2 once I am at .902. Thanks in advance, I tried to look through the 50 pages to look for this problem but it seems that no one has been at .886 when they start.

Thanks again!

bioniccrazy

Reaction score
Hello. I have a rooted BIONIC with stock operating system .886. I have had an issue trying to figure out my process to get to the OTA .902 update with my current state. I am looking to flash Eclipse 2.2 once I am at .902. Thanks in advance, I tried to look through the 50 pages to look for this problem but it seems that no one has been at .886 when they start.

Thanks again!

I had the same prob. with being on. 886 , I went to first page of thread and flashed the. 902fxz. What issues are u having?

Crash1701

Reaction score
I had the same prob. with being on. 886 , I went to first page of thread and flashed the. 902fxz. What issues are u having?

I'm just trying to figure out the step by step to get to .902 from where i am. I have the .886 version and i am forever rooted along with safedtrap. I don't know if i need to update, unroot, wipe, or flash something new to get to .902 and be able to install eclipse 2.2. Hope this all makes sense lol. Thanks

bioniccrazy

Reaction score
I would transfer anything u wish to keep as far as apks or pics from ur hardrive to ext-sdcard, it will wipe ur hardrive. Download all files, connect phone make sure charge only and us debugging is on.I forgot to tell u make sure u r in ap fastboot before trying to flash the fxz files, this is done by holding the volume up/down buttons at the same time and holding the power button. Then use the volume down buttons to scroll and up to select ap fastboot. Then open rsd lite, select the file u want and flash .902 fxz, and leave it alone. It will tell u too reboot manually, mine never does I have too but at this point u r done. Mine also never says finished either so don't freak. After all this just unzip the exploit file and run it too root ur phone again. After that just like u bought a new phone but with. 902 ota

Last edited:

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Super easy perfect step by step. almost as one click, don't touch it, as motofail. The plus here is that by the time you've done this once you'll actually understand using RSD to make the hardware to hardware connection first, and then decompress and flash the firmware, and finally, terminate the hardware connection. The only thing it lacks is how to put your phone into APP FASTBOOT per step 4, but if you haven't already figured out at least that much you probably don't need to be flashing stuff quite yet :) Really super instruction, fantastic FXZ, links to everything else required, even rarely required things like the two little patches for specific failure types, just f'in' great.

bamafan39

Reaction score
sargentmajord your fxz files have been life savers for me...now that you have your bionic back do you think you will make one for the .904 once it is released.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
bamafan39 said:
sargentmajord your fxz files have been life savers for me...now that you have your bionic back do you think you will make one for the .904 once it is released.

Lol carefully read the op again :p but in short already been updated an supports .904 so if .904 puts u off the upgrade path all 3 fxzs will put u back on

bamafan39

Reaction score
sorry!!!i ment will you have one that puts you on .904 after its released officialy

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
bamafan39 said:
sorry!!!i ment will you have one that puts you on .904 after its released officialy

Lol np unfortunately that has to come from moto the .902 fxz is foward compatible with the .904 so if the .904 is a official release an all future releases have the same verification build as .904 motor will no longer have to release anymore fxzs cuz the .902 fxz will become universal :)

bamafan39

Reaction score
sorry didn't mean to sound like a newbie im not been doing this since the og droid i just like your fxz files eversince the .901/902 with cdt error fix so i always come to you for fxz files .just thought there be one where you didn't have to go back to .902 go straight to .904

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
bamafan39 said:
sorry didn't mean to sound like a newbie im not been doing this since the og droid i just like your fxz files eversince the .901/902 with cdt error fix so i always come to you for fxz files .just thought there be one where you didn't have to go back to .902 go straight to .904

Lol it happens to the best of us I for one would prefer they don't release another fxz cuz lmao I then have to restrip my fxzs to be compatible with the .904 >.>

bamafan39

Reaction score
and thanks ...your fxz's have saved not only my ass but a friends ass to..thanks for these!!!