5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Ah yes, I remember now. Thanks again you guys are life savers. Dont know why I just couldnt wrap my head around the stuff today. Am now .902 and root!

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, I remember now. Thanks again you guys are life savers. Dont know why I just couldnt wrap my head around the stuff today. Am now .902 and root!
hey np i am glad we were able to work this monkey out if u need further assistance with my FXZ files an root scripts u know where to find me

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
side bar I had used titanuim backup how do you use it to restore your apps?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
side bar I had used titanuim backup how do you use it to restore your apps?
i do apologize but i cant help u there i dont use titanium back up really dont have a need for it sorry for the inconvenience

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
its cool thanks again for eveything...hope I can help someone else out some day!

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
its cool thanks again for eveything...hope I can help someone else out some day!
np an just ask around here about 99.9% of the people here use Tibackup lol i am the .1% that doesnt lmao

LCopJunior

Reaction score
Going to cross my fingers. The battery is charging now so I'd have to wait to see when the Battery OK sign is up. Hope this works and THANK you for the step-by-step. Take care.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Going to cross my fingers. The battery is charging now so I'd have to wait to see when the Battery OK sign is up. Hope this works and THANK you for the step-by-step. Take care.

Np an if u run into any problems just hit me up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

markwebb

Reaction score
You are a lifesaver as I had a major problem today: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-tech-support/197890-help-bionic-bootloop.html. Thank you so much. I followed your steps, including the tip in the tread about the cdt file and my phone is back to 902 and snappy as ever. In fact, a couple of nuances to my advantage: I never lost root throughout the entire process (though I did make sure by applying that exploit just to be on the safe side) and didn't lose contents of internal card. Also, I only had to re-install a few apps as most were there.

Thanks again. Great job!

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are a lifesaver as I had a major problem today: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-tech-support/197890-help-bionic-bootloop.html. Thank you so much. I followed your steps, including the tip in the tread about the cdt file and my phone is back to 902 and snappy as ever. In fact, a couple of nuances to my advantage: I never lost root throughout the entire process (though I did make sure by applying that exploit just to be on the safe side) and didn't lose contents of internal card. Also, I only had to re-install a few apps as most were there.

Thanks again. Great job!

Np glad i could help an hit me up if i need help in the future with my fxz files

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Diocat

Reaction score
Just chiming in to say thanks for this. If I stay on the exact path that you state in your instructions the phone roots great and I have no issues updating to .902 with root. Sidebar question though, does anyone know why when I do a factory wipe I lose root? My Superuser app goes away, and Titanium screams and yells at me saying I have no root access after I do a wipe/factory reset. :(

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just chiming in to say thanks for this. If I stay on the exact path that you state in your instructions the phone roots great and I have no issues updating to .902 with root. Sidebar question though, does anyone know why when I do a factory wipe I lose root? My Superuser app goes away, and Titanium screams and yells at me saying I have no root access after I do a wipe/factory reset. :(
FDR wipes everything just like an FXZ file so u have to reroot with every FDR or so thats been my experience i always had to reroot after a FDR

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, 2 things: 1)I stickied this so you don't have to constantly bump it up and 2)Isn't root held in the /system partition? I would think an FDR would only wipe the /data partition where as an fxz would reset the system to whatever it was being fxz'd to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, 2 things: 1)I stickied this so you don't have to constantly bump it up and 2)Isn't root held in the /system partition? I would think an FDR would only wipe the /data partition where as an fxz would reset the system to whatever it was being fxz'd to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
(slaps forehead) lol i am getting FXZ FDR mixed my bad its been a long day for me on this forum helping people out with these files