5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was 901 and accepted the 902 update which is where I lost root. I then tried to use fxz and ended up here.
ok please tell me all the steps u took all the way till where u are now

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
ok but I think I may have missed a few. So when I tried to revert back I used: ROTA893 directory is runmebbb.bat and got stuck somewhere in bootloader I somehow was able to get back to normal opperating mode and it still had me at 901 so I tried to rsd lite and I am sure this was where I made the mistake. since then I have been stuck.

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
I tried to use rootforever again the p3 one and nothing.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok but I think I may have missed a few. So when I tried to revert back I used: ROTA893 directory is runmebbb.bat and got stuck somewhere in bootloader I somehow was able to get back to normal opperating mode and it still had me at 901 so I tried to rsd lite and I am sure this was where I made the mistake. since then I have been stuck.
ok it sounds like ur phone died mid flash so make sure ur battery is at 80% or more run the CDTfix DO NOT reboot phone run RDS lite with .893 FXZ an if it fails tell me where in the flashing process it failed

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
will do. How do I make sure that rds lite has the .893fxz? I am sort a freeking out right now so not all thoughts are rational. Thanks for the walk throught for dummies.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
This worked well, however it erased my internal SD card :mad:

This is where Titanium Backup stores the backups :cus::cus:

Under settings go to storage then change your storage location form internal to sd card. problem fixed :icon_ banana:

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
ok rsd has found the phone, whch it had not done before, so what do I type in the file name space now?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok rsd has found the phone, whch it had not done before, so what do I type in the file name space now?
u need to download the .893 FXZ in the op if u havent already an then click the browse button on RDS lite find the zip u download an click open it will ask to uncompress and flash or uncompress click uncompress an flash

CD95YJ

Reaction score

you don't type anything into the file space. see the "..." button next to the file space? click on that. that will open up a search box for you to navigate to the download location of the fxz file. double click on the file. a dialogue box should open with several options. click uncompress and flash. it should beging the process so just sit back and wail until your phone reboots.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
you don't type anything into the file space. see the "..." button next to the file space? click on that. that will open up a search box for you to navigate to the download location of the fxz file. double click on the file. a dialogue box should open with several options. click uncompress and flash. it should beging the process so just sit back and wail until your phone reboots.
thanks for the explanation lmao puts mine in the dust

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
looks like I found it and rsd it back to 5.5.893. So next I need get rooted and get to .902...please help so I dont brick it again. You guys are the best! Thanks

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
looks like I found it and rsd it back to 5.5.893. So next I need get rooted and get to .902...please help so I dont brick it again. You guys are the best! Thanks
u are currently at step 7 of the OP download either exploit since both work i would suggest ROTA893 run the script then proceed to step 8 an download the .902 update an put it on ur sdcard boot in to recovery an apply the update

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
so after ROTA893 I download 902 and move it to my SD card....best way to transfer is remove sd transfer via computer and reinsert sd. Then boot ....fast boot but choose recovery to apply the update?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
so after ROTA893 I download 902 and move it to my SD card....best way to transfer is remove sd transfer via computer and reinsert sd. Then boot ....fast boot but choose recovery to apply the update?

Just boot ur phone up normally plug it into ur comp an go to my computer an copy an paste the. 902 update in the removable storage ( i think the sd is labled storge G) an the power down boot into recovery an apply update

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums