4th DROID 2 replacement...Help

melmel82

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th replacement phone and it is starting to act up. In a nutshell with my other phones the screens would lock up and not work, the newest phone is starting to do it and then yesterday the speaker was barely working I couldn't hear at all. I rebooted the phone and it worked again. I do love the phone but am thinking, I need to switch to a different type of DROID.

I guess the point of the thread is that Verizon wasn't budging when I reported the issues with my last phone and asked about switching. Does anyone have any suggestions/experience dealing with this kind of a thing? It's kind of like they have you in the palm of their hand and you can't do anything about it!:blink:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are you going into the store to report this issue or through the phone?

Through my experience with CLNR with my Droid 1, I found it way more helpful to be in store, at least the employees in my area were alot nicer.

I have heard some stories that if you're up to your 4th or 5th replacement they would offer to switch you to a new phone. Guess you gotta be good with words and treat them with respect no matter how frustrated you are with it, remember you're mad at the phone, not the employee....

OP
M

melmel82

Reaction score

Through my experience with CLNR with my Droid 1, I found it way more helpful to be in store, at least the employees in my area were alot nicer.

I have heard some stories that if you're up to your 4th or 5th replacement they would offer to switch you to a new phone. Guess you gotta be good with words and treat them with respect no matter how frustrated you are with it, remember you're mad at the phone, not the employee....

I will give it a shot and try not to get frustrated....I know it depends on who you are talking to for sure. I will try to kill them with kindest. Thanks for the advise! :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I will give it a shot and try not to get frustrated....I know it depends on who you are talking to for sure. I will try to kill them with kindest. Thanks for the advise! :)
No problem at all.

The way I would approach it if I were in your shoes is start by saying this is your 4th replacement. Obviously getting the same model CLNR isn't going to help your situation and you would like a different model.

The reason they keep giving you a CLNR is because they know people get tired of their phones and usually like to switch. However, if this is a consistent problem with your CLNRs, most of the time I believe they would give you a different phone, if anything ask for a CLNR of a different phone.

Before bringing it in, I forgot to ask, did you download any taskkiller of some sort? Those have been known to make the phones buggy, if so, get rid of it and try your phone out for a few days, it may very well be the culprit to your problems.