4G very slow at times

kellie87

Reaction score
I've already had to replace my Droid RAZR Maxx once, the external speaker quit working. They sent me a refurbished one, which I was frustrated with. Well this one seems to have issues with the 4G. My roommate has the same phone and he said it's giving him the same problems. Verizon seems to think it's my location, but it's not just when I'm at home, it's when I'm at work or anywhere else. It's not all the time either, if it was consistently when I was home only then I would say that it's just my location but it works fine at home sometimes and other times it crawls. I couldn't even watch a Netflix movie without it stopping to load about 4 times, and with my previous 3G phone it didn't even do it 2 times. Facebook is slow ALL the time, some other sites won't even load at all. Every now and then it won't even finish with a Google search. Also, I live in the big city of Houston, so I know there are tons of towers here and I never had a problem with signal until now. Of course when I called Verizon it was working fine except for Facebook, so they wrote it off as Facebook being the problem not the phone. Sure enough 2 days later it starts lagging again. I see people are having issues with wifi but I never use it so I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with 4G being really slow. Should I get another replacement or are all of them like this?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the forum!! Houston huh?? Not too far away. OK what you might try is first simply turn off your phone and turn it back on. This will re-register it on the tower. If this doesn't help ....

Try this. This is called reseating your simcard.

Power off, remove the simcard:be CAREFUL!! they're delicate. Power back on, power off again, reinsert the simcard and power back on.

Also you might try sending each other a text message. The text should arrive at the other persons phone in a second or two. More than that and you do indeed have a tower connectivity problem.

In that case two things I would do. Go to your nearest vzw store, get them to swap your simcard, its free, if it continues, call vzw and have tech support submit a trouble ticket for your area.

Today my data has been slowing and speeding up, reseating the simcard and power cycling the device has cured it.

One last thing, we had a 4g outage here in the Port Arthur area on Saturday, they might be having issues there too.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
K

kellie87

Reaction score
Hey thank you! I am actually from groves, tx! Moved here to houston about 10 years ago. I have tried to reset before and it didn't seem to help. I just did the sim card thing that you said, facebook is still slow and I think they are having problems. Everything else seems to be working fine for now... I guess only time will tell. If it becomes slow again I'm gonna try to get it replaced before my 30 days are up

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hey thank you! I am actually from groves, tx! Moved here to houston about 10 years ago. I have tried to reset before and it didn't seem to help. I just did the sim card thing that you said, facebook is still slow and I think they are having problems. Everything else seems to be working fine for now... I guess only time will tell. If it becomes slow again I'm gonna try to get it replaced before my 30 days are up

What 30 days? You have 14 days to replace the phone with a new one.. the sim is free anytime if that's what you mean. And Facebook suuuuucks!!! Lol. Its running slow as can be. Even with fast lte speeds, Facebook is creeping..

No problem.. I'm glad I could help :) enjoy the forums :)

awriternot

Reaction score
I'm also in the Houston area and have been experiencing the same issue. It lags so bad sometimes that I feel like I have dial-up...lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah I'm currently having sluggish speeds... try to power off and power on, see if it helps. If not try the sim trick.

Are you guys getting any rain right now?? We're supposed.to, I hope we do.. I'd rather run in the rain than in the humidity and heat.. see I'm originally from Montana so humidity isn't my friend lol

JWX

Reaction score
I'm in CLE Ohio, I am often noticing strangely slow speeds. Usually I notice it when downloading from the "play store" so I am not sure if it is the 4G or thr server from Google. Again, with Youtube. So, it could be youtube being slow... Facebook, well, I'll definitely blame Facebook.

Nonetheless, it happens enough that I am casting some blame on 4G ;) 4G strength here fluctuates a LOT, all the way to not available, so, who knows what's up with it. :-/

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah they're having some issues lately. That's them though lol