4g update question

zadrozny44

Reaction score
When 4g is available for Verizon do you think Verizon will let us upgrade our smartphones early or are we going to have to wait the full year to upgrade?

Sent from my SCH-I500

dangerous

Reaction score
good question. I think they will work with people as it will cost $10 more (probably) for the 4g and they will want to capture that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everybody is under the false impression that 4G is going to start and be everywhere. That simply is not going to be the case. It's going to take Verizon years to fully implement 4G. Everyone is setting themselves up for a big disappointment.

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Very well said Hook, I agree with him all the way. Only thing I would like to add is unless you have a 4g LTE phone right now you will not be seeing the 4g. Our droid phones are not compatable with the 4g LTE network. Sorry to break the news to you this way.

OP
Z

zadrozny44

Reaction score
I understand that I was asking if it were in my area would they let me upgrade my phone....settle down guys

Sent from my SCH-I500

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Right now it is only in the cities where there is a NFL team present. And again as far as upgrading your phone to 4G there is NO way to do so unless you already have a 4G LTE compatable phone(HINT THE SIM CARD) all the droid phones are not 4G LTE compatable. I hope this will answer your question. Your phone will not see a 4g upgrade.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zadrozny44

Reaction score
Ya I have the fascinate and I live in Boston that's why I was asking

Sent from my SCH-I500

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Everybody is under the false impression that 4G is going to start and be everywhere. That simply is not going to be the case. It's going to take Verizon years to fully implement 4G. Everyone is setting themselves up for a big disappointment.

That is very correct, it will not be everywhere for some time. This is nothing more than "hey, come over to verizon, 4g is gonna be up and running...c'mon...please?"

The 4g status right now isn't even very promising unless you live in a Major City like LA or New York. The bigger markets will get it first, but if you live in a smaller town, village, grotto, etc.. It will be at least a year if not longer.dancedroid

fluidj

Reaction score
Right now it is only in the cities where there is a NFL team present. And again as far as upgrading your phone to 4G there is NO way to do so unless you already have a 4G LTE compatable phone(HINT THE SIM CARD) all the droid phones are not 4G LTE compatable. I hope this will answer your question. Your phone will not see a 4g upgrade.

UPDATE** I just saw your running the samsung facinate. that is a 4g compatable phone so if there is a NFL team in your area you will be able to upgrade.

I was assuming you had a droid

wait what????? The Fascinate is 4G compatible? How so? that's GREAT news if true.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you sure the fascinate is 4g capable? I'm pretty sure hardware limitations prevent any current phones on verizon's lineup from using 4g.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

TBV

Reaction score
Are you sure the fascinate is 4g capable? I'm pretty sure hardware limitations prevent any current phones on verizon's lineup from using 4g.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Yea, if a link could be posted to info on this subject, I'm quite interested to read about that. TBV

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Okay I was wrong The samsung facinate is not 4g compatible I was looking at the htc evo. When I searched for the facinate 4g it came to compare that with the evo I just saw 4g and assumed it was, but im wrong. I dont know much about other phones other than the droids. I first posted that it wasnt a 4g phone but somehow I must have been convinced that it was so I searched google for it and oversaw that with the evo, my bad I apoligize. So I Still stand with my original post that only a phone that has a sim card on verizons network is a 4g LTE device.

I went back and edited my thread. Im a man that can truely admit fault. LOL Im still not sure how i was convinced that it was.

Last edited:

TBV

Reaction score
"Okay I was wrong ...my bad I apoligize. So I Still stand with my original post that only a phone that has a sim card on verizons network is a 4g LTE device."

I believe you are correct on that...the LTE (4G) devices use a sim card, similar to what you find in a GSM device. TBV