4G toggle option? And what type of battery?

pattikate

Reaction score
So, with all the negative aspects regarding the recent Thunderbolt battery life issues, I am compelled to ask:

Does anyone know if the Droid Bionic will have an option built in to toggle 4G on and off - i.e., switch to 3G for less battery drainage when needed?

Also, does anyone know what type of battery will be included with the Bionic? I'm guessing (hoping) it will be much better than the HTC Thunderbolt battery (ugh).

Xak02

Reaction score
So, with all the negative aspects regarding the recent Thunderbolt battery life issues, I am compelled to ask:

Does anyone know if the Droid Bionic will have an option built in to toggle 4G on and off - i.e., switch to 3G for less battery drainage when needed?

Also, does anyone know what type of battery will be included with the Bionic? I'm guessing (hoping) it will be much better than the HTC Thunderbolt battery (ugh).

Do you mean like if you're in a 3G only area and want to toggle 4g off? I would think, for me at least, if I had the option of using the 4G network, I wouldn't want to go down to 3. However, I haven't been paying attention to the battery allegations, are they really having trouble?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
The Bionic is coming with an 1930 mAh Battery. Just remember Motorola's have done fine with Battery life. HTC has always had bad Battery Drainage.. My wifes DX last over 8hrs with a full days usage.. So I expect the same from the Bionic.

OP
P

pattikate

Reaction score

Do you mean like if you're in a 3G only area and want to toggle 4g off? I would think, for me at least, if I had the option of using the 4G network, I wouldn't want to go down to 3. However, I haven't been paying attention to the battery allegations, are they really having trouble?

Actually I meant turning off 4G even if you ARE in a 4G area just to use 3G to conserve more battery. (I understand that 4G uses a lot more battery consumption.) I've read some reports that HTC's TB has poor battery life.

OP
P

pattikate

Reaction score
The Bionic is coming with an 1930 mAh Battery. Just remember Motorola's have done fine with Battery life. HTC has always had bad Battery Drainage.. My wifes DX last over 8hrs with a full days usage.. So I expect the same from the Bionic.
Thanks for sharing! That's good to know because battery life is an important factor to me.

trailblazen

Reaction score
yeah you are looking at 1930mAh in the bionic vs. 1400mAh in the bolt. Not to mention the Processor and DDR2 ram are designed to run off less juice than the bolt as well so you should be looking at a considerable jump in battery time.

oh and preach I just noticed your name in the android central forums as we tag teamed the Is the Ram going to be good for this phone???? thread lol. I think we see eye to eye on this phone.

xier

Reaction score
I'm not confident that we know yet if LTE drains the battery any faster than 3G.