4G to WiFi and back issue

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by ashobe, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what's causing your issue. However, I can tell you that dialing *228 on an LTE phone is pointless. The network automatically pushes the information (and any updates) to the device while an active SIM is installed.

2. tjzeus

tjzeus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm never sure, and I KNOW that Verizon doesn't really know either. I try to do anything and everything I can to hone in on the real issue. I'll bet you DINNER that they try to factory reset my phone when I go over there. Further, it won't work. We'll see. I'm doing a backup of it all before I go over there.

:)

We have not yet begun to fight!

So, local office oblivious. Call tech support. One hour of doing less than i had already done, and i get a trouble ticket. That was Thursday. Support person is going to call me back on monday. They think it is a localized issue. Weeeeee this rollercoaster is fun!

OK. So Saturday, technical dude sees that I am on the network (which I am, in a 4LTE area 60 miles away from my issue), and leaves a message that it must be fixed. Let me know if I have any other issues. I call Monday, and the tech is pretty good. Acknowledges that the previous tech is a buffoon (basically), and he is sending me a new SIM card as that can be the problem. I don't think so, but I know how this stuff goes. He DID say something interesting, though. If you perform a #228, blah blah too many times (like 2-3), it screws up the SIM card. So, yet another misinformed tech support dude. So...the struggle to get what you paid for continues. Note to self: Call and do NOT pay for mobile network this month. :)

(oh, and NO call from the nice support person as promise above - figured)

#14 tjzeus, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. tjzeus

tjzeus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Solved!! :)

Good news! They sent me a new SIM card. I pulled it in the home zone. I had to get Verizon to update my account with the new sim number (I should have done it first, but not near a computer to do so). It worked!

I drove home, into the extended zone, and I have 3G. Sweet!

Thank you Verizon technical support

Search tags for this page

after using wifi how to turn 4g back

android doesn t switch from wifi
android wifi to 4g change
droid incredible 2 wont switch from wifi to 3g or 4g
droid trouble switching from wifi to 4g
how to make android think its on wifi when on 4g
my phone want let me go from wii fii back to 4g
phone jumps from wifi to 4g
why does.wifi switch to 4g after i close browser
wifi 4g back by back