4G to 3G switch...MAJOR PROBLEM!!

lowfatdog

Reaction score
I recently decided to download a program for switching netween 4g and 3g. I decided to try LTE OnOff-htc thunderbolt. There were many reviews some Razor or maxx owners stating they loved the program) After reading about how the program only takes you to a shortcut from which you can decide which radio? to use. It said to switch from CDMA + LTE/EVDo auto to CDMA auto (PRL). I thought it worked because the 4g signal went away, however, I could no longer text or get on the internet at all. (I showed a standard connection and when I checked it showed a 3g signal and another one, but I could not use the internet. I could still make phone calls, I tried switching it back to the 4g one but nothing I did corrected the issue. I uninstalled but that did not correct it. I tried getting to the screen manually (at dialer type in *#*#4636#*#*) but nothing worked to fix it. I turned on and off airplane mode. The only way to connect to the internet was to use my WiFi. When I started up that, wifi would come on but also the 3G would show up at the top where 4g would normally be. Nothing worked. I went so far as to factory reset my Maxx. You could imagine my horror and discust as that did not correct the problem. I decided to go back in to the menue and test the different settings. I kept trying to get it to switch but it would not. I tried one which would not load at all and then I tried LTE only. This took away all my signal. As I was getting ready to try another mode, i saw a screen pop up underneath stating someting was not available would you like to try (I can't recall what it said). I decided to say yes...MY 4G CAME BACK! Anyone else have this problem? It really scared the living **** outta me (thinking I destroyed my Maxx)!!

Squeak87

Reaction score
I am using the same 3g/4g toggle and have been since day 2 of ICS. No problems here at all.

(Droid Razr Maxx <<ICS .215>>)

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I also use the program (not very often, I typically stay on 4G), and I have not experienced any problems.

Squeak87

Reaction score
I guess I should mention I keep my phone in CDMA (auto) all the time. 4g isn't strong in my area.

(Droid Razr Maxx <<ICS .215>>)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I dial in directly all the time, I don't use the APP but it is taking you to the same place. I have never seen any problems with it.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I also have the toggle/shortcut. Always on 3g, but if I switch up I go through settings>more>network. Never had a glitch.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use LTE On/Off as well, no problems with it here. My phone stays on 3g unless I go somewhere. :)