4g/Release Before Tiered Verizon Plans

Droid592

Reaction score
No that's not what it means just because it says 4G does not mean its a plan, I'm getting this all from people that work AT verizon that DO this for a living and if you have unlimited data your locked doesn't matter if you have a 4G or 3G because in the end your paying for the DATA not 4G or 3G but take it as you want.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Because when most people get a new phone, they do so at subsidized pricing, renewing their contract.

But I guess we'll find out soon enough.

We sure will... But I figured I'd show what a 4g plan actually looks like since some people were acting like I was stupid for saying that my contract plainly says "4g internet access" on it....

Maybe you can get "unlimited data" without having to change your plan, but you won't have "4g internet access" or "4g data transport" which basically means you'll have unlimited 3g.

No one debated that it said 4G somewhere. The issue is whether or not adding 4G constitutes a change of contract. Add ons typically do not trigger a contract alteration. In this case, the data plan portion of your service, which is unlimited, did not change. You just had 4G access tacked on. I'm sure the 4G access needs to be added to provision 4G for the line, but your data plan - that meters data use, remained the same.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it says in the user agreement "contract subject to change". But if you sign up for unlimited data now for 29.99 with a 4g phone they most likely will not change the price until your contract is up for renewal...hence all this grandfathered in talk. I had web 2.0 on my old feature phone 1 year after the $5 per mo feature was discontinued...but in all actuality vzw can do what they want, they are huge corporation with a bazillion lawyers.

Sent from my fascinate

Snow02

Reaction score
Right, but 4G isn't a separate data plan. It appears that it's a non-contract altering add-on.

That's not what my rep told me. I said plainly "let me keep the 4g data or I'm going to Sprint" (an empty threat)... And the rep said "trying to lock-in unlimited 4g huh??" Which to me means that they will not grandfather 3g plans... That would be stupid anyway, why would they EVER make tiered plans if the 90 million current subscribers were not going to be required to get one??? Think logically....

Hmmm. I guess my logic was just fine, huh?

DoctorV

Reaction score
Right, but 4G isn't a separate data plan. It appears that it's a non-contract altering add-on.

That's not what my rep told me. I said plainly "let me keep the 4g data or I'm going to Sprint" (an empty threat)... And the rep said "trying to lock-in unlimited 4g huh??" Which to me means that they will not grandfather 3g plans... That would be stupid anyway, why would they EVER make tiered plans if the 90 million current subscribers were not going to be required to get one??? Think logically....

Hmmm. I guess my logic was just fine, huh?

LOL! Thumbs up for the spite post over a month later! I love it! :)