1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

4g... really?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by jwhitford88, Oct 18, 2011.

1. jwhitford88

jwhitford88 New Member

So I went to the verizon store today with my Droid Charge. Had full 4G bars, and I thought my internet was flying. I go to the iphone 4s booth, turn off wifi, clear history/cache on both devices, and compare Dolphin HD browser vs Safari.

Iphone 4s was literally on par with every load time over 3g! I was amazed, thinking that of all the features the iphone was better at, at least I would win in webpage load speeds, but no. How can this happen? I ran speed tests, and it showed the charge getting about 3x the speed. What good is speed if it doesn't translate to real-world improvements? I am starting to respect Apple's decision to wait out on 4g for another generation until it doesn't destroy battery life.
  2. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 New Member

4g is like infinitely faster then 3g. Apple skipped out because they are a terrible company. Sure battery life sucks with 4g, but it is incredibly fast. And the fact that its been what a year ish. Since it came out its still new.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  3. KKDV

KKDV New Member

You need to compare a download or streaming video, then you will see the 4G.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  4. CTownDroid

CTownDroid Member

This.

4G has little to no effect downloading web pages. But, video, photos and music are almost instantaneous. Yeah, and that really bugs the hell out of my iPhone friends.
  5. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

With pages you're downloading very little content.

When I used my phone for tethering and my friend used his iPhone on att which is faster, web pages took forever to load. Literally, my phone tethering loaded YouTube videos before his loaded a page like BBC.com or whatever.

Gotta compare accordingly. I see your point though. I'm not a tethering person anyway, and not dying for 4g considering it rapes my battery.

I would have bought an iPhone if it wasn't for their terrible business ways, their cockiness, and tiny screen made for teenage girl hands.
  6. cntryby

cntryby New Member

:D :D :D:D:D :D :D :D:D :D

Thats some funny stuff right there!
Search tags for this page

4g in bloomsburg pa

sprin 4g bloomsburg pa