4G Random Download and Upload causing extremely HOT phone

gpetru1

Reaction score
Hello All,

When I leave my phone on 4G it randomly will become extremely hot. When I look at it to see what's going on I see that it is constantly downloading and uploading (by looking at the arrows my the 4G symbol). This will persist through a phone reboot...however, if I put it on 3G it I doesn't have the same issue. I am also at the latest android update. Any ideas?? This is really frustrating and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem.

Thanks,
Mike

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I was uploading 100mb video on 4g the other day and my phone got blazing hot even in my ottorbox case. Battery went from 100% 80% in 30 minutes so I was using the battery pretty hard so it just makes sense for it to get hot. You need to find out what your phone is constantly syncing for though. Maybe Google music or motocast is going?

busab

Reaction score
I was having this problem. This is linked to the stock music app. It could also be coming from the social networking app. Stop using both. Take out any accounts you may have set up in the social networking app. Don't even so much as click on the stock music app after a reboot or it will start again.

Download a alternative music app such as Google music and use it instead.

This solved my problem and many others.

Sent from my Droid Razr using yo moma.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
maybe its updating some of your apps or you set the refresh rate on your apps (weather apps, email, news, etc) on a smaller interval. try to close/disable some of your apps that requires internet access and see if its still using your data randomly.

if its still getting hot get some ice. :icon_ devil:

OP
G

gpetru1

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I have my 4g on now and am waiting for it to happen again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums