4G Question????

bamaboy74

Reaction score
How far will it reach? It says it is coming to Augusta GA. I live across the river about 5 miles or so. SO how far will the signal reach???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How far will it reach? It says it is coming to Augusta GA. I live across the river about 5 miles or so. SO how far will the signal reach???

4.9 miles. So sorry.;)

That's a good question. I think personally it will work only in the metropolitan areas at first. So you might get 4G. Depends on what comes out of your tower in your area.

I'm thinking that in some cities it may not even cover the entire city, initially. Take Los Angeles for an example. The city is spread out over miles and miles of area. I'll be it will only work around the downtown area, maybe go into the Wilshire district.

But I could be wrong. I just no that it's not going to be completed until 2012 or 2013.

peterjariel

Reaction score
Oh man I went to my local VZW store today and they have a blowned up map of central FL and Im getting 4G. I just put it in my gps and I live 49 miles from where the tower is at. hell yeaaaaaaaaaaa, so Im sure u will have it.

Bmitchell1876

Reaction score
4G just got turned on on north Augusta today !! I'm rocking 3 bars and I got 18mbps download !! Glad o didn't wait indefinitely for the bionic

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
It's about a 25 mile radius around Boston. I live 10 miles north and I'm always in 4G.

Bmitchell1876

Reaction score
4G just got turned on on north Augusta today !! I'm rocking 3 bars and I got 18mbps download !! Glad o didn't wait indefinitely for the bionic
Easy come easy go.... Back to 3g now.... They must be testing out the service today... I had 4G for about an hour and I live about 5miles outside of Augusta ... Hopefully its coming soon !!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Easy come easy go.... Back to 3g now.... They must be testing out the service today... I had 4G for about an hour and I live about 5miles outside of Augusta ... Hopefully its coming soon !!

Please let us know how your battery life changes on 4G. Thanks!

Vakharn

Reaction score
It's about a 25 mile radius around Boston. I live 10 miles north and I'm always in 4G.

So I take it it probably wouldn't reach as far north as Ipswich/Newburyport?

I hope they build it up to the point that it reaches here by the time I upgrade my phone in August.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
The store map I saw it went as far as Beverly, the customer Rep was bumming cause he lived in Gloucester and didn't get it. Hopefully it will be in your area soon because it is so fast!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
The store manager here told me we wont be getting 4G till 2013, so those of you who have it appreciate it :p My 3G speeds are, as much as I hate to say it, much slower then ATT. ATT gave me about 2Mbps. Verizon gives me 0.5 Mbps.. Considering the amount of data an smartphone has to process its not to noticeable when browsing webpages with Opera Mini due to the compression factor, an apps generally being small, it hasnt hurt me there either. Cant wait for 4G.

matt2783

Reaction score
4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

Punch your address in and it will tell you weather you have coverage, extended coverage, which basically means you'll get it but it might not be entirely reliable, or no coverage at all.