1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

4G Pricing

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by JoeeDB, Dec 5, 2010.

1. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

Not sure if this is the right place to put this or if my information is even correct, but I remember reading an article about 4G's pricing and that it was cheaper (for their modems now, nothing about cell phones yet) than their 3G plans because of something about the less traffic I think. Would this have any relation to their 4G plans for our phones and they be cheaper too or am I missing something?
  2. harrellj

harrellj New Member

Pricing is:
    . And apparently, at that same announcement, VZW stated that the first phones won't be available to mid-2011, which is a huge disappointment for me.

Source: Verizon LTE network to go live Dec. 5 | Networking & Wireless | iOS Central | Macworld
  3. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

But that is pricing for their 4G modems right? I'm wondering if their data plans for smart phones will be cheaper because those are cheaper?
  4. harrellj

harrellj New Member

Yeah, that is the modem pricing. They haven't announced phone pricing yet (probably will at CES). I hadn't honestly paid attention to current 3G modem pricing, but thought it was similar to phone (other than nasty overages).
  5. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

They'll start rolling out in February.

DroidForums junkie!
Search tags for this page

4g monthly cost