4G Pricing

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to put this or if my information is even correct, but I remember reading an article about 4G's pricing and that it was cheaper (for their modems now, nothing about cell phones yet) than their 3G plans because of something about the less traffic I think. Would this have any relation to their 4G plans for our phones and they be cheaper too or am I missing something?

harrellj

Reaction score
OP
J

JoeeDB

Reaction score
But that is pricing for their 4G modems right? I'm wondering if their data plans for smart phones will be cheaper because those are cheaper?

harrellj

Reaction score
Yeah, that is the modem pricing. They haven't announced phone pricing yet (probably will at CES). I hadn't honestly paid attention to current 3G modem pricing, but thought it was similar to phone (other than nasty overages).

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They'll start rolling out in February.

Pricing is:
prices starting at $50 per month for 5GB of data. Customers can also choose an $80 monthly plan that comes with 10GB. Each additional gigabyte over those limits will cost $10.
. And apparently, at that same announcement, VZW stated that the first phones won't be available to mid-2011, which is a huge disappointment for me.

Source: Verizon LTE network to go live Dec. 5 | Networking & Wireless | iOS Central | Macworld

DroidForums junkie!