4G prices

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Have u guys seen the prices for t-mobile, they have unlimited 4G for $10 per month. I hope when 4G hits california they have some reasonable prices. I really dnt want to change my droid 2 for a 4G phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Is it? I thought 4g LTE is suppossed to be faster and 3G phones aren't compatible.

UNC

Reaction score
TMo doesn't have 4g, its ads actually say "4g-like speeds". I think its 3-7mb/s down. Whereas true 4g (LTE) is 5-12mb/s down.

Just FYI.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Ok so is there any info out yet on what the verizon prices will be?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to General Discussion. D2 will never have 4G so no point in discussing it there.

I heard last night that Tmobile is raising their prices like 10.00 a month for smart phones Just thought I'd mention that, it was on a consumer bit in the local news.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
The reason y I asked is bcuz I saw a commercial for tmobile saying 4G for $10. So I got all exited and thought well if Tmo is that cheap then BIGRed might go easy on us. But at the same time I won't change my D2 for a 4G capable phone unless its something very similar. I'm in los angeles, california so I have a feeling we will get high prices. since everything is so expensive here.

want a droid

Reaction score
The price of 4G service won't differ based on location. You will pay the same amount as everyone else.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Oh that's good news. So what about the phones is there any info on what will the 4G devices be?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh that's good news. So what about the phones is there any info on what will the 4G devices be?

There's plenty of information around here on what the 4g devices are, just read around. Search 'Droid Bionic' and 'HTC Thunderbolt'

As for pricing, I still haven't heard a word of it on the Big Red. I've been pretty busy lately so don't know the latest news on this subject, but I haven't heard anything. I have a feeling they'll announce the prices maybe a month before the actual devices are released.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I was just reading online that bigred ceo said there is a big chance the first devices will be released in feb. 2011. He also said that there is a very low chance there will be an unlimited data plan for 4G. I did see that metropcs is offering 4G LTE unlimited for $60 per month. But at the same time that is a low quality carried who is cheaper than the rest, so if metropcs has it for $60 then bigred might have it for a lot more. idk if this is right but its what I read online.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was just reading online that bigred ceo said there is a big chance the first devices will be released in feb. 2011. He also said that there is a very low chance there will be an unlimited data plan for 4G. I did see that metropcs is offering 4G LTE unlimited for $60 per month. But at the same time that is a low quality carried who is cheaper than the rest, so if metropcs has it for $60 then bigred might have it for a lot more. idk if this is right but its what I read online.

I don't think MetroPCS is much of a threat to the Big Red or AT&T for that matter. I think Verizon is waiting to see what T-mobile and AT&T do with their 4g networks, since they are their main competition.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did have capped 4g plans. Their current 3g/4g USB plans are capped and are reasonably priced, imo.

However, with the iPhone coming who knows how much traffic they'll get with their data network. AT&T had to cap plans due to the high traffic from iPhone users, and then Android picked up steam on their network too. With all major smartphone software on Verizon, I wouldn't be surprised if they cap plans. We'll see how things go once the iPhone is released, but I think that'll provide heavy traffic and Verizon will strongly consider capping data plans as a way to control use.

Just my .02

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I hope they do decide to have unlimited for a reasonable price, bcuz that's all I do just burn data all day and night lol

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hope they do decide to have unlimited for a reasonable price, bcuz that's all I do just burn data all day and night lol

Well you can do what I did, I've been tethering alot the past few months and have figured I use about 2.5-3.5gb a month for at least the past 3 months. I'm in the middle of my monthly bill and currently at 1.4GB (roughly).

Keep track of how much you tether a month and take into consideration what time of year it is. Like for me, it's sports month so I got alot of streaming going on for sports, but in the summer when sports are done (at least the ones I watch), that data will go down by at least a gig.

I wouldn't mind paying for a capped plan especially if it's $10 cheaper for maybe 3GB (but I doubt they cap it at 3GB, probably less).

However, as I am also paying for home internet and have heard the speeds of 4g LTE, I might consider canceling Comcast to just tether with Verizon, save some more money. It won't be as fast, but I don't do any heavy gaming or downloading of any sort.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Well my data is mostly social networking and movies I download and stream about 4 movies per day. And well I am logged on to facebook, myspace and androidforums 24/7 I use the apps for all of them I also use an app for the movies so its on 24/7 too. How do I keep track of my data?