4g on droid 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
What outcome do you think you will get from this? The Droid 3 does not have a 4G capabilities.

akhi216

Reaction score
I tried it for craps and giggles. The D3 asked me to enter an unlock code which I didn't know and wasn't willing to pay for.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I just tried this with an unbent paperclip gently resting near the charging light hole and I was surfing at 4G speeds. Thanks for the tip!

OP
jellydroid13

jellydroid13

Reaction score
:biggrin:i knew it didnt have 4g capibilities i just wanted to see what the phone would do and since i dont have a 4g sim i wanted to know if anyone else has done it

pistacio

Reaction score
I just tried this with an unbent paperclip gently resting near the charging light hole and I was surfing at 4G speeds. Thanks for the tip!

DIY with pics please, lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

NoBloatware

Reaction score
DIY with pics please, lol.

2GNRs.jpg

4G LTE card not needed at all.

Find a real nice paperclip and unbend it like in the picture. I'm not sure what angle that is--maybe around 120 degrees. At first I thought the best results were from twirling and waving the paperclip around my phone. Then I realized that the mysterious "charging light" had something to do with it. The best way I've found so far is to just rest the paperclip next to the phone as pictured. In fact, I've used a bit of clear tape to tape the paperclip to the side of the phone. It looks a little funky, but the 4G speeds are well worth it. Strangely, my battery life is better than ever. Could this be because the phone is taking energy from the paperclip? I'm going to have to buy a box of them in case this one wears out. What about chaining some of these together? Hmm... / I'm also really infuriated with Moto/Verizon/and especially Google and everyone else who didn't tell me about this hidden feature.

akhi216

Reaction score
View attachment 41657

4G LTE card not needed at all.

Find a real nice paperclip and unbend it like in the picture. I'm not sure what angle that is--maybe around 120 degrees. At first I thought the best results were from twirling and waving the paperclip around my phone. Then I realized that the mysterious "charging light" had something to do with it. The best way I've found so far is to just rest the paperclip next to the phone as pictured. In fact, I've used a bit of clear tape to tape the paperclip to the side of the phone. It looks a little funky, but the 4G speeds are well worth it. Strangely, my battery life is better than ever. Could this be because the phone is taking energy from the paperclip? I'm going to have to buy a box of them in case this one wears out. What about chaining some of these together? Hmm... / I'm also really infuriated with Moto/Verizon/and especially Google and everyone else who didn't tell me about this hidden feature.

Haha...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Now we'll be dodging questions about the NoBloat paperclip mod for the next six months! Way to go sparky.:biggrin:

NoBloatware

Reaction score

Yeah, pretty cool huh? I always thought the speed of 3G was pretty good, but now with the amazing battery life of 4G with a paperclip...what's next? Will the RAZR 4G do 5Gs? Why doesn't this paperclip trick work on the iPhone? What if the rumored iPhone 5 does 6Gs? Will Android up the ante?: http://i.imgur.com/qugnL.jpg

Now we'll be dodging questions about the NoBloat paperclip mod for the next six months! Way to go sparky.:biggrin:

Mods, please delete thread.

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
Personally, a wire coat hanger and some aluminum foil works well for me! :biggrin:

justin482005

Reaction score

I see the photo but does this really work? Is the anything eles needed than a paper clip?
Also if that gives you 4g then what could users with a droid 3 use to perm put near the light hole that small?
Just a thought

Sent from my DROID3

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Alright ladies and gentleman this thread is astronomy its shelf life.

Closed.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.